16. Every Second of It

Alex's Bedroom ☝🏻

Sophia Blossom

I woke up with a massive headache which is a no-brainer, obliviously. I surprisingly do remember everything that happened last night, including us visiting Liam Jordan's club, meeting a bunch of people, me drinking irresponsibly and passing out on Alex, but I had some blank space in my head, then I remember having a small talk with Alex and then sleeping next to him. But what surprised me was that this morning I wasn't greeted with my usual white ceiling on opening my eyes, I encountered a tall wood one. I looked around and realised I must be in Alex's room. He couldn't have been able to take me home last night because I passed out in the club.

My chain of thoughts was broken when Alex opened the door to the bathroom and stepped out fully dressed for the day. He was wearing a plain white top which accentuated his muscles in a very sexy manner and a pair of washed denim jeans. His hair were a little damp due to the shower he must have taken earlier. "Good Morning, Sweetheart." He said as he approached me and kissed my forehead. I gave him a very small smile. I wasn't feeling my greatest self right now and he understood it. He opened the bedside drawer and took out an Advil from the medical box placed inside it. He poured me some water in the glass kept nearby and I gratefully took the pill chugging it down along with the glass of water. My throat which earlier felt like sand, was now feeling a little good.

"I had someone bring you a pair of clothes from your house earlier and there's a spare toothbrush in the bathroom

"I had someone bring you a pair of clothes from your house earlier and there's a spare toothbrush in the bathroom. Have a shower, you look like you need one. I'll be waiting for you downstairs." He said cupping my cheek and then walking out of the room. I dragged myself out of the bed and walked inside the bathroom. I frowned at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was a mess and I was wearing Alex's shirt currently. I know for a fact, I was the one to wear this because Alex would never do such a thing without me giving him permission to, while I'm sober, let alone drunk. I brushed my teeth, took a long and relaxing hot shower and then changed into the clothes that were kept on the bathroom counter.

 I brushed my teeth, took a long and relaxing hot shower and then changed into the clothes that were kept on the bathroom counter

It was a knitted dark green warm sweater paired with a clean white jeans. There were also a pair of socks and white smart sneakers. I dried my hair and tied them up in a messy bun. It was strangely cool today and the outfit kept me a little warm. I smiled at my reflection. I definitely look way better now. The pill did it's job and my headache was gone now. I walked downstairs and the smell of coffee instant hit my nose. His house was lavish, to say the least. I somehow found my way to the kitchen and what I saw made me stop at the doorstep with an amused smile playing on my lips.

Alex was standing in front of the stove with his sleeves rolled up and an apron tied around him

Alex was standing in front of the stove with his sleeves rolled up and an apron tied around him. One thing Alex cared about more than his work is his outfit. He wouldn't have a stain on them for the world. He was cooking some omelette and squeezing some orange juice at the same time. I walked up to him, kissed his cheek and said, "Good Morning." He kept a hand on my neck and drew me in for a kiss. We pulled away quickly because of the eggs cooking in the pan. I helped him with the toast and the coffee which was now ready to be poured into some cups.

We quickly arranged the table, and sat down for breakfast. I tasted the eggs and a satisfied grin reached my lips. "I had no idea you could cook so good. Why didn't you tell me?" I said appreciating his culinary skills. Just when I thought he couldn't get any more perfect, he decided to surprise me. "You never asked." He simply said and I chuckled. We then continued eating in silence.

After the delicious breakfast, we decided to sit by the pool side of his house. The sun was shining bright on us and we were having a good soak. It was a pleasant day, not too cold and not too hot. Just the right amount of the sunlight and wind. "Sweetheart, I wanted to talk to you about something." Alex said out of nowhere and I turned to him.

"I know it's sudden but I think you're ready and you should definitely consider the offer." He said and I nodded my head gesturing him to continue. "Emma Jordan, if you know, is a model too. She happened to see your pictures from the Stella's shoot and actually talked to Mr. Matthew Sanderson about having you at his ramp walk, held in 2 weeks. I want you to think the offer through before saying 'yes' or 'no'. It will be a great opportunity for you. It can be a big achievement for your career as well." He finished nervously. Why does he even think I'll deny? It's Matthew Sanderson we're talking about. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

"I'm signing up. Why do you think I would even deny? It's a great offer and I'll be honoured to work with him and Emma." I said and gave him a huge bear hug. He laughed a little and hugged me back. "I'll call Emma afterwards and give her the good news." He said and I kissed him saying, "You're just the best." He smiled at me in response.

"Also, one more thing." He said and I asked, "What?" He took both my hands in his and kissed my knuckles. "I might not be there during your ramp walk. I have a very very important meeting in Boston, that week and I can't afford to miss it." He said and I pouted at this. "I want you to be there, Alex." I reasoned and he said, "I want to be there too but just know, love, I would've canceled it in a second if it wasn't that important. I really can't, Sweetheart." He said and I nodded in understand. He kissed me as a 'Thank you' and I relished the feeling of being in his arms.

I know it's gonna be a big change in my life but I've always wanted this. This is my dream and I'm gonna live every second of it.