14. Off

Sophia Blossom

"Hey, one of my friends actually invited us to his club downtown. I was thinking maybe you guys wanna join me and Jen?" Kevin asked as the credits rolled. It was around 7. We just finished The Martian after we were done with Fast and Furious 8 and now are sitting on the couch doing nothing in particular.

"Sure, why not." Josh answered for him and Violet. I looked at Alex and raised my eyebrows at him as if saying, wanna go? He took some seconds and contemplated something. After that he nodded his head slowly and I flashed him a big smile. "Let's go." I said and Jen clapped her hands in an excited expression.

I and the boys seemed ready for the club but Jen and Violet weren't sure with their choice of clothes so they opted to change. I quickly went to the bathroom and let my hair down, brushing them lightly. I applied some lipstick and a coat of mascara. I didn't want to cake my face with makeup today. After I was done I walked out and joined the boys. The four of us waited in the living room while the girls took their time getting dolled up. Violet leanded a dress of hers to Jen because they were pretty much the same in terms of height and size. After some good 10 minutes, both my best friends descended the stairs looking hot AF.

 After some good 10 minutes, both my best friends descended the stairs looking hot AF

Jen had a white lace off-the-shoulder mini dress which ended up to her mid thigh. She paired it with some simple black heels and no-makeup makeup look. Violet on the other hand, went for a black deep V-neck cocktail dress which ended up to her mid thigh. She wore a statement golden neck piece and some golden heels. Contrary to Jen, Violet did bold smoky eyes for the makeup with a nude lip. Both of them had their hair down in natural waves.

"All you ladies look so gorgeous tonight." Josh compliment and we nodded our heads to him as a 'thank you'. All of us took our seat respectively in Alex and Josh's car. Alex, I, Kevin and Jen were in Alex's car and Violet and Josh were in his. The club, La Notte Divertente, which translates to 'the fun night' according to Jen's "research" on Google, was apparently a thriving one. Jen is addicted to that app to be honest. She'll literally just drop a fun fact or the latest piece of news out of nowhere. I chuckled at her information, shaking my head.

After about 15 minutes, we reached La Notte Divertente. It was a classy club unlike the usual ones which reeked of alcohol and drugs. It's top carried a neon sign which read it's name in fancy cursive letters. It was a 3 storey building painted in pretty gray and made attractive with glasses and wood flooring. Alex parked his car followed by Josh. There was a line at the entrance with people waiting to get their entry into the fancy, expensive and oh-so posh club. Kevin escorted us to a separate door which read VIP in bold letters. The bouncer nodded his head towards Alex and Kevin in respect and almost immediately let us in.

A young woman who looked like she might be in her late twenties approached us. She had dark brown hair which were set in an attractive bun and pretty forest green eyes. She wore a body hugging blue-black dress with small details on it. She featured a big smile upon seeing us and quickly embraced Alex and Kevin in a short friendly hug.

"Welcome to La Notte Divertente everyone. I'm Emma Jordan and I'm very happy to have you all here." She professionally said acknowledging us. We all returned her smile muttering a small 'Thank You'. "Emma runs this club along with her husband, who also happens to be our old friend, Liam Jordan." Kevin informed and as if on que, a man with dyed Ice blond hair and light blue eyes approached us. He was dressed in a dark blue suit and a classic yellow tie. He too gave Alex and Kevin a quick hug and stood beside his wife, wrapping his arm around her. They did made a powerful couple.

(We have Zac Efron as Liam Jordan and Lily Collins as Emma Jordan)

"It's actually the 3 year anniversary of our club today and we are very happy to have you'll here." Liam said and invited us in. Liam and Emma escorted us to the second floor which was a more reserved and scheduled place.

They introduced us to Emma's elder sister, Anna Knight, her husband Ian Knight, their elder brother, Evan Stalin, his wife, Katherine Stalin, their good friend Carter Woodwords and his wife, Lily Woodowords. There were some other people seated there too who apparently were all friends with Kevin and Alex. You see, Liam, Evan, Carter and Ian are not only like family but also business partners to each other and Alex and Kevin. They all actually live in New York but own different hotels, clubs, motels, bar and other properties all over USA.

(Not that any of them needs any introduction, but still

Evan Stalin - Mariano Di Vaio ; Katherine Stalin - Selena Gomez.
Carter Woodwords - Nick Bateman ; Lily Woodwords - Phoebe Tonkin.
Ian Knight - Toni Mahfud ; Anna Knight - Shay Mitchell.
🙂)

We all mingled amongst each other and I discovered all of them to be so polite, warm and inviting. We all had some mojito and some appetisers while sitting there and simply chatting. None of us were really hungry so we all just descended to the bar downstairs after some time to have some real drinks and some dancing, 'cause why not.

After some time, I saw Jen was already wasted and I and Violet were gonna be the same if we continued drinking at this rate. It was a Sunday night and we all were enjoying ourselves so I didn't mind having more alcohol.

The last thing I remember was drinking the shots. I swear I only drank 2 shots of the burning liquid that is tequila, the rest 6 of the lot found their way to my mouth themselves. I started feeling severely dizzy but my hands unknowingly went to another glass of the tequila.

"You've got to stop, Sweetheart." Alex's voice was the last thing I hear before my head met his hard chest and the world turned off.

Soooo..... How was the surprise?

Also, for those of you all who haven't read the mafia series' books yet, you may find it on my profile, if you're interested.