9. Alluring

Sophia Blossom

"I need only 2 more minutes and then we'll be done with your hair." Dana, my hair dresser announced as she released the last section of my hair from the curling iron. She asked me to close my eyes and after I did so, she sprayed two different kinds of hair sprays on my hair. She gave them a final brush and excitedly announced, "We're done here."

I'm in Paris currently and this is my second time getting ready for a shoot. This is my fifth day here, actually and I'm enjoying every bit of it. The shoot I did the day before yesterday, i.e., on my third day here, was more of an indoor shoot with the main focus being my face. I had almost no makeup on because of two reasons, 1) It was a skin care brand and it wanted me to be seen as a clean slate and not a made up doll. 2) The pictures anyways were gonna get developed in black and white so why even bother. The only makeup I had was some highlighter in the inner eye corner with some product in my hair, a light quote of mascara, a nude lipstick which was almost the same colour as my lips' natural one and some fake freckles around my nose.

 The only makeup I had was some highlighter in the inner eye corner with some product in my hair, a light quote of mascara, a nude lipstick which was almost the same colour as my lips' natural one and some fake freckles around my nose

It was my first time facing the camera and I was so thankful that Jennifer kept the low makeup, natural pose one first. Jennifer is also my assistant now in terms on the shoots. I thought it was unnecessary for me to already have an assistant since I have signed only three contracts yet and I can manage them well but Alex is confident that I will be needing one in near future so why not now.

Speaking of Alex, he has been nothing but supportive of me these few days. To encourage me and make me look forward to the shoot, he even bought me bouquet of mesmerising sunflowers just before the shoot to cheer and to boost my confidence up. He really is the best boss, friend and supporter one could ask for.

Clearing my head, I went into the changing room and changed into today's costume, since I'm done with my hair and makeup. This dress comes from Stella's for the shoot. It consisted of a simple black off-shoulder top consisting of netted, ruffled sleeves and some basic brown trouser to accompany, which were crisply ironed. I had my hair styled in beach-y waves and had some plain black block heels on. The makeup wasn't heavy but was rather adequate. I had small rings, earring and minimal necklace in terms of jewellery on me.

We were not shooting directly near the Eiffel Tower because Mrs. Stone thought it would be too mainstream and cliché. We were at a building rather far from there and from the terrace of the building, the tower was seen quite small which means people will concentrate more on what I'm wearing, hopefully.

Jennifer handed me a glass of juice as the shoot was about to start. Regina Grey, Alex's Aunt, actually adviced me to drink either a cup of coffee or a glass of juice before shoots because when we're doing especially outdoor shoots, the light, wind or any other external factor might make the shoot timings long and the model being hungry, tired or even annoyed, greatly affects the pictures and nobody wants that.

I quickly gulped down my celery juice which had some lemon added to it.

"You look great, Soph." Jennifer complimented me and I answered her a, "Thank You."

"I couldn't agree more." I heard Alex's voice. I followed it and saw him walking towards me, dressed in a casual wear with a bouquet of sunflowers in his hands once again.

 I followed it and saw him walking towards me, dressed in a casual wear with a bouquet of sunflowers in his hands once again

"Thank you so much but you don't have to do that every time, Alex." I said as he presented me those beautiful flowers wrapped in a black sheet. I accepted them with a wide grin on my face and gave Alex a hug.

"That smile is what makes me want to buy you a thousand more of these." Alex said softly and I blushed a little. He smiled at my reaction and my grin turned into a full blown smile.

"We're all set here. The shoot starts as soon as you're ready Sophia." I heard Marcus say and nodded at him.

"All the best, Sweetheart." Alex said as he took the bouquet from my hand and took a seat next to Mrs. Stone, who was sitting at a side just observing the whole shoot.

I gave Marcus a 'thumbs up' and he said, "Alright then, let's start."

I stood by the bars on the the edge. I kept my right elbow on it and faced the camera giving it a confident look. The clicks from the camera were heard quickly and after about two seconds, I crossed my legs on top of each other and stood in that position for about another two seconds. I then again changed my position, holding it for two seconds before transitioning into another one. Marcus started clicking pictures immediately. He all the while was guiding me with lines like , 'A little to your left' or 'chin up a little bit' or 'can you widen your eyes a little for me' etc. He clicked me from several angles and after about 45-50 minutes, we were done for the day. Everybody on the set including Alex and Mrs. Stone were quite impressed with how the photos turned out and so it was a wrap. I thought they will be needing more pictures but apparently, 15-20 pictures were more than enough for Mrs. Stone.

After we bid our farewell to Mrs

After we bid our farewell to Mrs. Stone, Marcus and the crew of the shoot, who were taking a flight back home tonight, we all headed towards our hotel. Since Jennifer and I have never visited Paris before, Kevin and Alex offered to show us around and we readily agreed. I took a shower as soon as I was back in my room. I removed all of my makeup first and then thoroughly shampooed my hair to get rid of all the chemicals from the sprays earlier and then took a quick shower. I changed into my pjs as it was almost 11:30 and I was too tired and late to go out for dinner. I decided on just ordering some room service tonight.

I was sitting on the couch going through the menu when I heard a knock on the door. Getting up form the couch and answering the door, I met with the most alluring pair of brown eyes.

A surprise chapter in honour of my birthday ❤️