36. Eyes

Alexander Grey

"I need those files, now." I ordered Erica, my assistant, emphasising 'now'.

After a minute passed, she knocked at my office door and walked in. She kept a pile of files on my desk which she was previously carrying in her hands.

"Here. These are all the files we have on the London clients. I've organised them by dates and then the amount we receive at the end of every photo shoot. So kindly stop torturing me and look for them themselves," Erica said in an irritated voice. She placed a hand on her lower back and sat on the chair opposite to me.

She's pregnant apparently and about 5 months along. I've asked her at multiple occasions to take a leave but the stubborn woman won't listen to me.

"Where is Mike? Shouldn't he be doing these manual works for you?" Mike is Erica's assistant. I've assigned him for a span of a year. He helps her around here and until Erica officially goes on her maternity leave, he'll be trained. Once Erica delivers the baby, she'll be needing at least two months' rest and during that span of time, Mike will take her place as my assistant.

"He's gone to fetch your stupid coffee for the third time today. It's not a good day for being cranky," Erica said and rolled her eyes.

I kept quite for a minute and pressed my lips into a thin line.

Erica stood up from her seat and came towards me. She dragged her chair and once she kept it before me, she sat on it. I was surprised by her action and turned towards her.

"Sir..." she said as she kept both her hands on either of my shoulder. She shook head and started again.

"Alex, I've known you for 6 long years of my life. We've faced all our problems together wether they're personal or professional. You've walked me down aisle at my wedding and I can say for sure that if I ever had a brother, I would have want nothing more than him to be like you. You're practically my big brother, my family. Can I give you an advice as a little sister?" She asked.

It's true. She has been working for me for 6 years and I did walk her down the aisle. Erica's an orphan and she has had a hard time here. When her boyfriend proposed a marriage, it was I who she contacted first. I even threw her a surprise dinner party for it. When she asked me to walk her down the aisle, I instantly agreed. It was that day that I realised, she was indeed like the little sister I never had.

"Go ahead," I frowned but nodded my head anyways.

"I understand you're very upset with everything that's going on in your personal life and you have all the right to feel angry and hurt but all I'm asking from you is to exercise some patience. I know you don't know where Mrs. Grey is. You don't know who is threatening you guys but as far as I know, you've got your friends, the Stalins, on this, right?" She asked and I nodded my head positive.

"Trust them and trust your love. You'll get through this. Just have some patience." She said and I gave her a small smile.

"Thank you," I sincerely said and she winked at me, shrugging it off.

"Anytime, Sir." She stood up and walked out of my cabin.

She's right. I have Evan and Katherine Stalin working on finding out who the person is. It's true that I'm unaware about where Sophia is but I guessed it was at her uncle's place and it turned out to be correct.

When she left, I messaged her uncle the same day. At first he didn't knew anything about her whereabouts but later that day, he informed me about her arrival there through a message. I was extremely relieved when I found out she's safe but that doesn't change the fact that I miss her terribly. The past two weeks have been literal hell without her presence. Each day feels like a year. Every second feels like an hour.

I couldn't see her around, I couldn't feel her touch, I couldn't smell her beautiful hair, I couldn't hold her in my arms, I couldn't kiss her soft lips and all of this was Killing. Me.

I was so disturbed that I missed two days of office and stayed locked up in my room. I didn't eat, couldn't catch any sleep and was a mess. Then one day Kevin and Jennifer visited me and confronted me. They advice me to distract myself and so I threw myself in work. I have been working for continuous 12 hours a day. All I have here, at the office is a cup of coffee or some sandwiches. When I reach my house in the night, I usually am so tired that I go to bed straight away.

After I wrapped up my work for today, it was already 11. I walked out of my office and saw Mason ready by the car. He opened the door for me and I took a seat.

"To my house, Mason." Yeah, I know, I didn't address the mansion as 'home'. It's not home without Sophia. There is no home without her.

We started and the roads were obviously quite empty. After 5 minutes of driving, the car stopped with some jerks. "What happened?" I questioned and Mason shook his head negative, saying, "I don't know. I'll just go and check." He got out of the car and opened the Bonnet.

I waited for almost 5 minutes and still heard nothing. I furrowed my eyebrows and got out of the car. Mason was nowhere to be found and I started feeling really weird. What's happening?

I heard footsteps and I turned around and saw nothing. Before I can process what was happening, I felt something hit my head and I started seeing black dots. I turned around and saw a women standing with a metal rod in her hands. Beside her was the last person I expected to see here.

I looked into his blue-gray eyes before darkness completely took over me and I closed my eyes.