21. Plan

Sophia Blossom

Guess what? Violet and Josh solved their differences. After our talk on Monday night, Violet had a heart-to-heart talk with Josh and although we did hear some frustrated screams and cuss words from their room, but then eventually they decided to talk about marriage and children later on in their relationship. It'll be safe to say they aren't getting married anytime soon.

I know how heart crushing it is for Violet. She always wanted to get married before she turns 25 but seeing as she is 24 currently and her birthday's in 3 months, she won't be a able to do that. She sacrificed her wish for Josh's sake. He on the other hand is slowly considering the idea of having a family with Violet in future even though he is scared shit less. I guess this is love.

Today is Wednesday which means, it's Thanksgiving. It was about time we started preparing the turkey. I'm the in charge of the dessert as Abigail is a master in cooking turkey. Violet is handling the appetisers. Abigail and Violet are already in the kitchen considering it's already 5 in the evening. I am currently in my room wrapping a gift for Alex. I'm already done with other's. I bought cute dresses for both Jen and Violet. I got Kevin a watch and Josh a nice smelling cologne.

Alex's gift was the most difficult to decide. He has quite explicit taste. It was never wrecking to be honest, when I entered the gift shop to buy something for Alex. But then I finally settled on a ring. It was a simple platinum band. I got the words, Elysian, which means peaceful and perfect engraved on it. Those words just describe Alex and I hope he likes the gift.

I quickly tied my hair in an messy bun and changed into some casual clothes. I went downstairs and spotted the girls in the kitchen. I smiled at them and wore my apron.

Jen assisted me in making the double chocolate vegan cake. I added the wet mix to the dry mix bowl and whisked them together. Pouring the batter in the cake mould, I kept it in the oven. After the time was up, I cooled the cake all the while doing small chores in the kitchen. After the cake was completely cooled, I covered it with the whipping cream and poured the chocolate ganache on it. I added some strawberries and sprinkled a little bit of sugar powder on the top for decoration and then kept it in the fridge to set.

I then helped Abigail and Violet with their sections of work too. It was about 7 when the boys returned with some grocery and then went to have a shower while we set the table. After that, we all went to our rooms to change. I wore a blue one piece with waist cut outs. It left my hair open and did light makeup and completed my look with a pair of simple white heels.

I walked down and saw that everyone had already taken their seats on the table except Jen and I. Alex pulled the chair for me and when I took my seat next to him, he sat too. Once she got here too, we started with the dinner. We made a toast to express our gratitudes and prayed for a great future. The champagne tasted amazing as I took a sip of it. We then started eating. The turkey was so so good. Abigail has magic in her hands. It was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It was full of flavours and so delicious.

Then came the time to taste the cake I made. I was nervous as I have never made cake for them before and have no idea wether they'll like it or not. Abigail kept the cake on the table and cut it into small pieces before serving us all. I waited for everyone to take a bite and anticipated their reviews.

"How is it?" I asked nervously.

"The insides is good but the chocolate ganache," Kev left the sentence handing and turned towards everyone. "Is the best." They all said in unison after a silence of about 30 seconds.

I let out a breadth I didn't know I was holding, at their answer. I then tasted the cake for myself and was quite impressed. The cake was okay okay but the combination of the chocolate ganache with the strawberry toppings was magical.

After having a little chat on the table all the while enjoying our cake, we were done with the dinner. The boys helped Abigail and us with the cleaning. After that, Abigail and Brick bid us a goodbye as they left and we all made our way to the big lawn and lit a bonfire there.

We sat there for a while. Josh was playing a soft romantic tune on his guitar and after a few moments, Kev asked me for a dance, which I agreed to and therefore Alex and Violet were having a dance of their own. Jen cannot dance to save her life so she was sitting next to Josh clicking our pictures and singing some lyrics to match Josh's tune. She sings really good surprisingly.

After we all sat once again by the fire, we all exchanged our gifts. I was happy that everyone liked the gifts I gave them. Thankfully, Alex was more than happy with the ring. Kevin gave me a book as he knows I like reading them. Josh gave me a pair of expensive heels. Jen gave me an eyeshadow palette and Violet gave me a basket full of skin care products. I chuckled at the fact how opposite the girls' gift were. What bothered me was that Alex didn't give me anything. I didn't say anything to him as I didn't want to spoil the mood of the whole group.

We made our way to our respective rooms after a while because it was around 11. I changed first followed by Alex. We were now seated on the bed. I didn't speak to Alex and he worked a little on his laptop.

He didn't even cared about my gift.

I waited for him to say anything but got nothing. I glared at him and he turned to me with an innocent face. "What happened, Sweetheart?" He asked in a soft tone taking my hand in his. "I didn't receive any gift from you. You forgot my gift." I said and pouted.

My first Thanksgiving with him and I get nothing.

He took out a box from the bedside drawer and presented me with it. "Open the box, please." He said and I followed. I opened the box and my jaw hit the floor. It was a key to an Audi. "Alex you didn't." I said in disbelief and turned to him. "Oh, but I did." He causally said as he showed me the picture of a grey Audi parked in my house's previously empty garage with a big red bow tie on it and I launched myself in his arms. I kissed him as a lone tear rolled down my cheek. I had talked to him about getting an Audi someday when we were in Paris and today he gifted me one.

 I had talked to him about getting an Audi someday when we were in Paris and today he gifted me one

"You'll spoil me." I said as I pulled away but was still in his arms. I flashed him a smile conveying how grateful I am for this gift of his.

"That's the plan, Sweetheart." He said and I gave him a big smile with tear filled eyes.

I think I love you, Alexander Grey.