32. To The Fullest

Alexander Grey

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon, I was in my study at home, when Kevin entered in. He had a serious expression on his face. "I need to talk to you, brother." He seriously said and sat on the chair across mine. I closed the file and kept in the drawer.

Even though Kevin's my brother, he loves his privacy and respects others'. Never does it happen that he shows up at my doorstep unannounced. My brain started to ponder over the reasons of his sudden appearance.

I leaned my hands on the table and looked at him, gesturing him to continue. "I was handed this over when I was entering you house earlier. It's addressed to you, Alex." He said and slid a letter towards me.

"Apparently, me firing a bullet at Sophia wasn't a warning enough to you, Alexander Grey. Let me spell it out for you very clearly once again because the only choice you've got is to either save you marriage or her. If you chose her, I'll easily destroy you both. Also, don't even try to ask anyone for help because if you'll see the emblem at the top-left corner, you'll know I've got connections. Let me give a suggestion which might make this easy for both, you and I.

LET HER GO."

There wasn't any name signed below it. The letter was anonymous.

I let the words of the letter sink in. There's someone who posses a threat to mine and Soph's relation and life. I can't let that happen. I've got to find a way out of this.

"Do you think we should contact the police?" Kevin asked and I shook my head negative. "Can't. The person is with some kind of gang or something." I said and called Mason.

He shortly entered my cabin and stood in front of us. "You called for me, Mr. Grey." I nodded my head and handed him the letter. He read it and looked up at me, waiting for my command.

"Mason, I need you to check on the CCTV cameras immediately and also increase the security outside the mansion. I want you to put two-three bodyguards more around Mrs. Grey. Even when she's shooting, even when she's filming, I want people protecting her at all times. She's my wife, the love of my life and not to forget, your boss. I want all of you to protect her with your life. Am I clear?"

"Yes, Sir." Mason sternly replied and I dismissed him.

"Do you want to contact Evan and Katherine Stalin?" Kevin asked as he poured a glass of vodka for both him and me.

"I might in the near future, but for now, no." I said and took a sip of my coffee. There was a knock on the door. Getting an approval from me, Mason walked in with a man.

"Mr. Grey, this is the man who received the letter, earlier." Mason said and pointed at the man beside him. I got up from my seat and walked up to him.

"Hello Sir. I was coming to you to deliver the letter when Mr. Grey arrived." He said gesturing towards Kevin. I nodded my and asked him to continue.

"The man who handed me this looked like a normal postman or something. He was dressed in normal khaki pants and a shirt. I didn't find him suspicious at all. In fact, he himself wasn't aware of what or from whom this latter was. To him it was just another letter. Sorry sir, this is all I know." He informed and bowed his head.

I dismissed them and took my seat. I was heavily disappointed. I thought the man who received the letter might know anything but the person who sent this letter is way too smart. The postman was unaware of the letter's nature.

I was in my thoughts when Soph enter my office. "Hey, Kev." She greeted Kev with a small hug. "Hi, sister-in-law." Kev playfully replied trying to ease some tension in the air. She then gave me a kiss on the cheek and took a seat next to Kev, opposite to me.

"I assume you've heard about the letter." I said and looked at my wife.

"As a matter of fact, I did and I also know about the increased security of me and you." She said and let out a sigh.

"Alex, I don't think we should take this threat so seriously." What?

"Soph, you joking right now? The person clearly wants you either away from Alex or worst, dead." Kev said.

"No Kev. I don't think it's that much of a big deal. I mean it could be from a mad fan of mine or a rival of Alex. It can be an empty threat." Soph tried to reason.

"Sweetheart, I..." Before I can complete my sentence, Soph cut me off.

"Alex, since when did we start letting a piece of paper bother us? Listen to me, I will continue shooting my movie and you'll continue going to your work as usual. We are not going to let the person behind this get the satisfaction of scaring us away from our routine life. We are not letting a stranger interrupt our lives. Okay?" She asked and made me think my decision twice.

"Okay fine but you are getting an upgrade on your protection team and so am I." I sternly said, leaving no room for any kind of argument. Soph drew in a breath and nodded her head, much to my relief.

"But Kevin please don't inform Jennifer, Violet or Josh about this. If it is as Soph puts it, an empty threat, then I don't want any of them to worry unnecessarily. It remains between the three of us." Kevin nodded his head understandingly and said, "Okay." He gave me a small smile and I tried returning him one.

"Come on, we're about to have our lunch so Kev, join us." I offered and Kevin's facial expression said he was going to deny so Soph butted in.

"It's your favourite. Chicken lasagna and I've cooked it myself today. Come on, you're not gonna deny my food, are you brother-in-law?" Soph playfully said and Kevin smiled with his eyebrows up.

"How can I ever deny your food, sister-in-law?" Kev stood up and pulled his phone out to call his fiancée, Jennifer.

Yes, the idiot finally put a ring on it and they also moved in together about a week ago.

Jennifer's angry voice boomed through the phone and after Kev got an earful from her, she cut the call. He gulped and raised an eyebrow towards me and Soph.

"If you don't mind can you pack some of that lasagna for me, Soph? Your best friend will have my head if I eat the food you cooked without her." I and Soph started laughing watching his petrified face.

Kevin's got his hand full with Jennifer and honestly I am enjoying it to the fullest.