13. Perfect Sunday

Sophia Blossom

"Wake up, Sweetheart." I heard a voice as a hand shook my shoulder gently. I stirred a bit but didn't quite wake up. Once again the voice repeated it's command and the hand touched me on my cheek this time, making me lean more into it and it was then that I recognised the soft voice and warm hand to be that of Alex.

Wait, Alex? I opened my eyes to watch my favourite pair of brown eyes looking at me. Uhh, his eyes are of the colour of molten chocolate or perhaps a cup of warm, chocolate flavoured coffee. They were so mesmerising. He smiled at me and I returned it with a small one of mine. He kissed my forehead and I sat on the bed with a lazy smile still playing on my lips.

Before, I could ask him anything about being here in the morning, my bathroom door opened to reveal Jennifer who was dressed in a casual wear. She wasn't a bit surprised to see Alex here and made her way towards the door, sending a small smile my way. Before she exited my room, she tilted her head towards Alex and said, "Hey, Mr. Grey, Violet is preparing some sandwiches and Kevin is staying too so I was wondering, would you like to join us for brunch?" Jen finished with a polite smile.

"Come on Jennifer, you're dating my brother and you're best friend is my girlfriend. It's high time you drop 'Mr. Grey' and start calling me Alex. And to answer your question, yes, I would love to join you all for brunch." Jen nodded her head muttering a small, 'Okay' and left.

"What are you doing here at this time, Alex?" I said as I tried to cover my excitement but clearly failed. He shook his head sideways as a chuckle escaped his lips watching me. His brown eyes filled with amusement and I inwardly swooned at him. He's something else. "Violet invited me, Kevin and Josh, I think that's what his name is, to spend this beautiful Sunday with you all. Now please go, and get dressed." I nodded my head and he kissed the top of my head once again. I took a dress with me and made my way into the bathroom.

I quickly did my morning routine and then had a bath. I stepped out of shower and changed into my dress. It was blood red one piece with square cut neckline and small ruffled details, which ended up to my mid thigh. I tied my hair in a low bun and walked out of the bathroom to see Alex talking to someone on his phone. I walked towards my wardrobe and slipped into a pair of classic black 5 inch stilettos.

 I walked towards my wardrobe and slipped into a pair of classic black 5 inch stilettos

I turned towards my vanity and applied some lip balm. Why bother apply any colour to the lips when I'm just going to eat right now. I took my black clutch and placed a nude lipstick in it, accompanied by a mascara. A pair of strong arms encircled my waist as Alex stood behind me with his chin resting on my shoulder. I didn't even hear him approach me. How the hell is he so silent, again? He started placing small sloppy kisses on the exposed skin of my neck. He inhaled my scent and said, "As amazing as you're looking in that dress, Sweetheart, you're smell is driving me insane right now." He drew small invisible patterns on my waist with his hands while his mouth continued his slow torcher on my neck. I slowly felt him sink his teeth in my skin and a small moan escaped my mouth. "Refrain from making such noises, love, you alone in this dress is too much to bear." He spun me around and crashed his plum, inviting lips on my own, both without any warning. I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him back with equal fervour. A small teasing kiss of his on my neck ended in a heavy make out season.

It was me who pulled away due to the fact everyone might be waiting for us to start with the brunch. "Alex, everyone must be waiting for us." I said fixing my hair. "I'm not sure weather or not should I let you out of this room with that dress on. You look really inviting right now." I giggled at him earning a small frown from him. I kissed his cheek once again before we both exited my room.

Kevin and Jen were seated on the table while Violet and Josh were busy cooking. Since only Violet, I and Josh know how to cook amongst our little group, I made my way towards the kitchen to help them while Alex took his seat on the table. Violet was already done with our sandwiches so I helped her prepare the chicken salad and Josh squeezed some fresh orange juice for us. I know all too well that Kevin, Jen, Josh and Alex will end up adding a little Vodka to their glasses. According to them, Sunday is all about drinking. I mean, they do do it in control but still. Shortly, we were done with the sandwiches, the chicken salad, some baked potato wedges and the juice. We also served some potato chips with Violet's favourite, chipotle sauce at the side. Everyone almost immediately started having the sandwiches as soon as we placed the dishes on the table. I guess everybody was hungry.

"Good Lord, these wedges are hot." Kevin remarked as he took his first bite of his chips.

"Sorry Kevin, I didn't know I had to bake it in the freezer." Violet being her sarcastic self, replied immediately. Kevin made a fake hurt face as he kept his hand on his heart and the rest of us ended up laughing.

The brunch was really fun with more of Violet's sarcasm flying around and Kevin and Alex making small jokes here and there. We all chatted about different things while enjoying our food. It felt so good to have all of us to be present at a table and just enjoyin' each other's company. We all had this big smile plastered on our mouths all the while we ate. It was around 12 when we were all done with our brunch.

Josh suggested we watch a movie and although us girls did watch a couple of movies yesterday night, we absolutely did not mind. We all grabbed some blankets and popped some popcorn as we cozied up against our respective partners on the couch. Josh dimmed the lights of the living room and started Fast and Furious 8, on the T.V. after which he took his seat beside Violet. I was wrapped up in Alex's arms as he pulled the blanket over us. The movie started playing and I looked up at the handsome face of my boyfriend. He kind of sensed my eyes on him as he looked down at me and placed a playful kiss on my nose. I let out a small sigh and turned my attention towards the T.V. screen.

If this isn't the definition of a 'perfect Sunday', I don't know what is.

Since many of my readers come from the 'And' series i.e., the mafia book(s), I have a surprise for you guys in the next chapter.