12

Darrelle's POV
My phone rang and I opened my eyes groaning when I realized it was still dark out, I grabbed my phone already pissed.

"This better be God," I said into the phone the moment I answered it.

"It's Nia,"

"What's up?" I asked rolling over to lay on my back, becoming more alert, as I checked the time, my irritation disappearing slowly.

"I'm outside," she said softly, I ended the call going downstairs, opening the door to see her outside an umbrella over her head since it was raining. She stepped in and I closed the door taking the umbrella putting it to the side.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, worry consuming me.

"I got into an argument with Tevin," she said frustrated and I moved closer pulling her into me, she didn't protest she just wrapped her hands around my waist resting her head against my chest.

"Let's get out of these wet clothes," I said after a couple seconds realizing that her clothes were damp from the rain, I lead her upstairs and she sat on my bed as I went to my closet I grabbed one of my black hoodies before heading back into the room.

I gave her and she went to my bathroom, she stepped in as I went to the bed laying down a bad feeling settling in the pit of my stomach.

The door opened and she walked in my hoodie stopping mid thigh, she moved over to me getting on the bed resting her head on chest her leg going over mine as her hand wrapped around my torso. I moved my hand around my waist pulling her closer.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked before kissing her forehead.

"You look sexy with your waves," she said randomly referring to my haircut, I couldn't help the chuckle that flew through me.

"So that's a no?" I asked amused as her hand moved to my bare chest rubbing up and down slowly.

"He found out I was dating, he asked who and I told him. He got mad and I left not wanting to deal with his bullshit right now, I understand he's worried after how my past relationships ended, but it's still not his place" she said a slight pinch of anger and irritation in her voice, her words pissing me off as well.

"And on top of that my job is trying to control me and the cases I do," she added frustrated her hand pausing on my chest for a split second before her movements continued. I didn't really know what to say to her rant so I just pulled her closer and she let me relaxing against my body.

"Do you think I'm overreacting?" She whispered.

"No of course not you have every right to be pissed," I said making small circles on her back and she sighed.

"You smell really good," she said softly her head moving to my neck and I chuckled holding her against me.

"I know," I replied remembering her words from when I said the exact statement.

"Gosh you're annoying," she said laughing, I smiled kissing her forehead, loving the feeling of her in my arms.

"I'm sorry for waking you this early," she mumbled after a few seconds.

"You don't have to apologize,"
.
.
.
.
I woke up the light from the sun immediately blinding me, I turned placing my head away from it, feeling for Nia but turned up unsuccessful. I called out but got no response. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand calling her and after a few rings she picked up.

"Babygirl," I called out and she hummed in response.

"You left?" I asked

"Yeah a couple minutes ago,"

"Why didn't you let me know?"

"I didn't want to wake, I mean I had you up at four in the morning," she said laughing slightly.

"I'm sorry for waking up that early by the way," she added shortly after her voice soft.

"It's no problem, I usually wake up at four," I joked and she laughed.

"How are you feeling?" I asked missing her in my arms.

"I'm okay D," she said and a smile made its way onto my face.

"I love hearing you talk in the morning," she added

"Why is that?"

"It's sexy," she said shyly and I chuckled, not getting to hear her like this often.

"Where are you right now?"

"I'm at work, "

"You're not human," I said and she laughed.

"What are you planning to do today?"

"Sleep,"

"So do you want me to hang up?"

"No, talk to me until I fall asleep," I said loving the sound of her voice.

"You're so fucking clingy,"

"Can you blame me?"

"I wish I could date me sometimes," she said randomly and I smiled.

"Why is that?"

"I'll tell you some other time, there are things I want to say that might..,"

"That might what?" I asked and she laughed.

"I'll call you later you're distracting me," she said ending the call before I could protest.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading ❤️‼️

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️‼️