10

One week later
Darrelle's POV
"Did you buy your plane ticket yet?" My sister asked me, and I shook my head saying no as I took a sip of my smoothie.

"Good because mom wants us to come a week earlier," she added

"Why?"

"She is going on a trip somewhere," she replied

"When am I going to get my niece and nephew?" I asked her leaning back.

"You have this Saturday, I'll drop them off,"

"Did you get Dantae a house warming gift for the party tomorrow?"

"I got him a plant," she said smiling and I chuckled.

"He can barely take care of himself,"

"That's why it's going to force him to settle down, you both need to settle down, I need nieces and nephews too," she said and I chuckled my mind running to Nia.

"I am settled," I mumbled

"What do you mean by you are?"

"I'm dating this girl,"

"And I didn't know," she said and I chuckled.

"Tell me about her," she added and my mind drifted off to Nia making me smile.

"She is really into books, loves Shakespeare, she's a lawyer, a workaholic if she could, she would spend every second of the day in that office, she loves red but only wears it-"

"You're in love,"

"Wow, nobody said nothing about love, it's only been a month"

"Love has no time limit,"

"Alright drink your smoothie, you and Jason are sappiest people I've ever met," I said and she laughed leaning back in the chair. I looked to my left to the topic of conversation standing by the counter.

"I'll be right back," I said standing up walking over to Nia.

"Ms Graham," I said gaining her attention and she looked at me for a split second before checking her watch.

"You can go back to whatever you were doing," she said rolling her eyes and I stood there confused looking back to where I was sitting and it immediately clicked making me chuckle.

"Are you jealous?" I asked

"No, I'm just not going to let you play me," she said not looking in my direction.

"That's my sister sitting over there," I whispered and by the look on her face I know she wasn't going to apologize. I chuckled leaning forward slightly to kiss her but she stopped me placing her hand on my chest.

"I'm still pissed off,"

"Why?" I asked amused and she rolled her eyes, picking up her smoothie turning to me.

"Because I am,"

"No, it's because you don't want to apologize, " I replied and she rolled her eyes.

"You don't have to say the words just give me a kiss," I said and she smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry,"

"Wow, so would rather drop your pride than kiss me?" I asked and she laughed turning away from me to face the counter making me smile.

"I want you to meet her," I added

"Your sister?"

"Yeah, come," I said taking her hand leading her over to my table.

"Oh, you're catching feelings," she joked making me smile as we moved closer to the table.