41

Three weeks later

Darrelle's POV
"You look just like your mother," I whispered kissing Khaliah's temple, she was in my arms as I fed her, sitting on the floor in the living room, Khalil laying on the blankets before me asleep.

I got a text and used my chin to hold the bottle up, putting my phone on silent not wanting to wake my son before holding the bottle once more. The door opened and Nia walked in with Dream and Trish groceries in their hand. They sent me a friendly smile realizing that Khalil was asleep walking to the kitchen.

I heard footsteps and I looked over to see Nia, she sat down beside me pecking my lips.

"What do you want for dinner?" She asked as I handed her the empty bottle moving to burp Khaliah.

"I don't curry perhaps,"

"Curry and what?"

"Brown rice and mash potatoes," Trish answered sitting on the couch and I smiled as Nia stood up walking to the kitchen.

"Thank God they don't look nothing like you," Trish joked leaning down to look at them.

"Khalil stole his entire face," Dream said laughing slightly looking at her nephew.

"Khaliah has his nose sadly," Trish said making me chuckle as Khaliah held onto my finger.

"What's wrong with my nose?" I asked amused.

"I just don't like it," she mumbled as I handed her Khaliah feeling the ache in my bladder.

"Not surprised," I said amused walking upstairs to the bathroom.
.
.
.
.
"-but to do that we will have to relocate the office on the left and put it right here," I finished pointing to the spot on the plans.

"Thank you Mr Williams," My boss Mr Brown said as I sat down.

"As always Mr Williams I am impressed, I don't mind the change, do whatever you need to get this done," Mr Bryers said and I nodded as I began packing up.

"Speaking of designs I have a friend who could use your help you know Jeremy Preston right?" Mr Bryers asked

"Yes sir,"

"I told you to call me John, meet me tomorrow for lunch and I'll introduce you both, as always gentlemen it was a pleasure," Mr Bryers replied before walking out, I chuckled thinking back to the first time I was offered an opportunity to do business with Jeremy, it resulted in me meeting Nia.

"Darrelle, some of the partners and I were discussing someone for the supervisor spot that just opened up and we think you'd make a great replacement, only if you want to, there is no pressure,"

"I would love to Mr Brown," I said and he smiled shaking my hand.

"Great, we'll have your things moved to your new office by tomorrow,"
.
.
.
.
I opened the front door to see Nia sharing food into a container, her and Dream deep in conversation, I quickly took off my shoes by the door.

"It looks like I came back at the right time," I said and Dream laughed as Nia rolled her eyes, closing the container handing it to her.

"The keys are by the door," Nia told her and she got up tapping my shoulder walking out with the food in her hand.

"Where-"

"Her boyfriend," she replied cutting me off and I nodded walking over to her, wrapping her hand around her waist kissing her cheek.

"Kids?"

"Asleep," she replied leaning back against me her hands on the counter.

"Are you ready for dinner?" She asked turning in my arms, her hands sliding up my chest going around my neck.