35

Darrelle's POV
"Are you sure?" I asked my voice barely recognizable and she nodded slowly not looking at me.

"How can..," I started but stopped as everything started making sense the minor headaches, the dizziness, nausea, her breasts and the vomiting.

She's pregnant..

"I...," I started but again I stopped not knowing what to say. Nia's pregnant, she has a baby growing inside her, my baby, our baby.

"I'm going to be a dad," I mumbled as the image of a baby, a mini version of us flashed through my mind and I chuckled.

"I'm going to be a dad," I repeated smiling, happiness embracing me.

"I don't know if I'm ready," she mumbled gaining my attention and I looked over at her defeated figure.

"What do you mean?" I asked moving over to her.

"Exactly what I said, " she answered as I sat before her.

"You don't want a child?" I asked already attached to the baby that wasn't even fully developed.

"Of course I want it, I'm not going to abort it, I just...D I'm going to be a mother,"

"But I'm going to be right here, it's us, it's never going to be only you," I reassured her and she looked up at me tears in her eyes, her vulnerable always made me uneasy, because it was something I didn't see often and right now she looked torn.

"Baby, we'll learn together, we can go to classes, I can use the vacation days I've been saving up and stay home with you, and I'll read books, watch shows, YouTube videos, I'll-"

"You're really happy aren't you? " She asked smiling and I nodded kneeling on both knees in front of her.

"Nia we're having a baby, the woman I love is going to be having my child, my first child, my little girl is probably going to come out looking just like you and my boy is going have your eyes, happy is a fucking understatement," I finished and she smiled.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't be cursing," I said chuckling looking down at her stomach.

"We're having a baby," she mumbled happily.
.
.
.
.
I stood by her side playing in her hair, looking down at her as she played with her fingers laying down on the small bed.

"Everything is going to be fine," I reassured knowing she only played with her fingers when she was overwhelmed, she looked up at me smiling as I kissed her forehead the door opening to reveal the doctor.

"Nia how are you?" The man who looked to be in his mid-forties asked.

"I'm good Doctor Semers," she replied smiling.

"And is this the father?" He asked looking over to me smiling.

"Yeah, Darrelle Williams, nice to meet you," I replied shaking his hand.

"Same here, Nia I thought I would've been invited to the wedding," he said laughing slightly writing something down on his clipboard.

"No, we're not married," I said and he smiled looking slightly embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I just thought-my apologies,"

"Its okay," I said and he smiled.

"Alright, I'll be right back give a minute don't go anywhere," he said smiling leaving us alone.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking down at her, realizing her mood changing.

"Yeah," she lied and I sighed knowing it was probably the doctor's wrongful assumption.