39

Darrelle's POV
I stood there watching as they performed CPR on our baby my legs becoming weak. Our baby boy was laying there lifeless and there was nothing I could do.

I felt useless.

My mind and body was numb but at the same time present to every feeling.

"He's breathing," Doctor Semars said and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding, relief flowing through me.
.
.
.
.
I sat there looking at Nia's sleeping figure, I hadn't gone to the lobby as yet to speak to our families wanting to make sure Nia was comfortable and in bead, I moved over to her kissing her forehead before leaving the room.

I stepped into the lobby and their eyes immediately met to me.

"The babies are being checked on,"

"Babies?" Tiana asked confused breaking everyone from their state of rejoicing.

"Yeah we had twins, a boy and a girl," I said and Nia's mother walked over to me happily pulling me into a hug.

"How is she doing?" My mother asked.

"She's sleeping, but one of the babies weren't breathing so they needed to run a couple tests," I confessed my voice breaking slightly.

"Are you okay?" Dream asked

"Yeah I'm fine," I lied as Nia's mother held my hand.

"I'm going to check on Nia, I'll call you, when she's awake," I said walking back to the room sitting by her bed. My head going into my hands as a tear left me.

"D," I heard her soft voice call out and I looked over to her.

"Let me go get your family," I said standing up and she held my hand pulling me into her.

"It's not your fault," she whispered her hands wrapping around me.

"It's not yours either," I whispered back as I felt her tears on my shoulder.

"We're going to be okay," I told her trying to convince myself in the process.
.
.
.
.
A knock sounded on the door awaking me and I looked over to find Nia wide awake as he door open to reveal Doctor Semars.

"They're both healthy, I just came to explain what happened not to give bad news, " he said and a sense of relief ran over me.

"He stopped breathing the minute he came out, he was breathing just fine before that so he will have no complications with breathing, but we will need to keep you and the babies here for a additional three weeks to run some tests, your son will need to be taking vitamin D supplements you can bring him back after two months for a check up. Your daughter's heartbeat overpowered his in the womb hence why we didn't know of his existence," he said sadly

"What about the ultrasounds?"

"He was hiding behind her," Doctor Semars replied.

"You'll be able to see them both in a couple minutes, I'll send your family in and I apologize for everything,"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading ❤️‼️

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️‼️

Double posting today❤️‼️