38

2 months later
Darrelle's POV
"What if it's a boy?" Nia asked looking at our baby's room, since she couldn't supervise the painting because of the fumes I took advantage.

"It's a girl I'm telling you," I said and she rolled her eyes moving into me. We had finished decorating the house since Nia was always bored and left with nothing to do when Dream and I were away, she turned decorating our new home into a hobby.

"How do you even know?" she asked as I led her over to the grey chair, sitting down pulling her into my lap.

"I know my sperm," I replied and she laughed kissing my cheek as my hand moved to her belly.

"Darrelle you painted it pink,"

"It's grey too, " I replied pointing to the other wall and smiled.

"Let me guess you bought girl clothes too, didn't you?" She asked and I smiled motioning for her to stand, I moved over to the closet pulling it open, showing her the outfits I bought.

"Now, I also bought a grey, white and black onesie just in case it's a boy, so we pack those in the hospital bag, " I said moving behind her, wrapping my hands around her waist as she looked at the closet.

"I organized it like you would," I added and she smiled.

"You bought her Jordans," she pointed out amused and I smiled.

"Yeah and I have matching ones, " I replied and she laughed leaning back against me.

"I was thinking for a boy we can use your middle name," she said randomly making me smile.

"Which one?" I asked and she laughed slightly.

"Khalil," she whispered back and I smiled knowing my suggestion for our girl was similar.

"I kinda merged that name and your middle name for our girl,"

"Really?"

"Yeah Khaliah," I whispered kissing her forehead and she smiled.

"I love it,"
.
.
.
.
One month later
I watched as she laid on the couch her head in Trish's lap, her legs on mine as we continued to watch the movie.

"I don't understand," she mumbled

"Well Darrelle and I do, so be quiet," Trish replied making me laugh, Nia sighed as my hand continued rubbing her feet, that had become swollen through the course of her pregnancy.

She was slightly frustrated, well really frustrated since our baby was two weeks late, she had been getting contractions but no labour. She pulled her legs away standing up gaining Trish and I's attention.

"Where are you going?" We both asked her and she smiled.

"I'm going to get some water," she replied softly my eyes followed her to the kitchen before going back to the screen before me. The sound of glass breaking left me alarmed as I stood up moving over to Nia with speed I didn't know I possessed.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking at the broken glass and the water on the floor.

"My water broke," she mumbled

"I know baby, I'll get a broom-"

"No D, my water broke," she repeated and realization flashed through me, my mind going blank for a split second the grip she had on my arm pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh shit, Trish get Nia to the car I'm going to grab the stuff," I said leaving her with Trish as I went upstairs grabbing the hospital bag and other essentials before making my way outside to the car, getting in to see Nia in the back with Trish.

I placed everything on the seat beside, pressing the button opening the gate before driving through closing it behind me. My mind became numb to the world around Nia being the only present thing as I made my onto the highway making a quick call to our doctor.

After 10 minute drive we were at hospital, they took Nia inside along with Trish as I grabbed the bag from the car calling our families.

After 5 minutes I stepped inside and nurse Clark lead me to the room where I saw Nia laying down, my heartbeat sped up as nervousness took over. I walked over the bed pulling a chair beside it sitting down holding her hand.

"You're nervous," she whispered her eyes closed, a light layer of sweat on her skin. I hummed in response kissing her hand as Trish got up.

"I'm going to get you something to drink," Trish announced as she walked out.

"I love you Nia," I whispered kissing her forehead. After a couple hours of sitting down going through contractions and having my hand being squeezed so hard it could've been broken, Nia was finally in labour.

I held her hand whispering words of encouragement in her ear as she pushed, my heart beating against my chest waiting desperately for this to be over so it can return to it's normal pace.

With every minute that passed, the more my respect grew for my soon to be wife, my heart swelled with pride and love as I watched her do the impossible, bring a child, our child into the world, something I would never understand the pain of and can never understand but in this moment I wish I could take all the pain.

I wish my words could do more than ease her mind.

"I see a head," the doctor said and I began pulling away to look when Nia tightened my hold shaking her head.

"I'm not going to be traumatized," I said amused remembering our conversation last week and she released my hand, even in pain this woman still managed to make me smile.

I moved down looking between her legs to see the head of our child, I wasn't traumatized more intrigued if so and worried. Happiness took over as the head came out fully along with the shoulders, I heard Nia scream and I quickly returned to where I was before giving my hand as sacrifice as she held it.

"It's a girl," the doctor announced and I smiled looking at her amused expression.

"There's one more," the doctor said surprised and my heart if possible began beating faster.

"What do you mean there is one more?" I asked not being able to pin point what I was feeling.

"It was not seen on the ultrasound, nor was there a other heartbeat heard," he said

"Are you saying the next child can be dead?" I asked my air been knocked out of me by reality.

"I'm not saying anything yet, Nia just needs to keep pushing," he said and I turned to see her with tears on her cheek that I knew where not only from the pain of bearing a child, but the thought of losing one. I moved over to her wiping her tears.

"Come on baby, we're going to be alright," I said kissing her forehead.

"We need you to push can you so that for me?" I asked and she nodded, I stayed there whispering in her ear reassuring her everything would be okay.

"There is head," the doctor announced and this time I stayed by Nia in fear of discovering my child being dead.

"He's not breathing," the doctor said defeated.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading ❤️‼️

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️‼️

Thank you for the continuous support ❤️✊🏿‼️