42

One month later
Darrelle's POV
"They're asleep, if you need anything you have our number," I told our babysitter Wendy as I walked out closing the door getting into my car before sending Nia quick text letting her know I was gone. I placed my phone down deciding not to wait on a text before leaving, knowing she was probably buried in work, since she resumed this morning.

After a couple minutes I was seated around my work desk, I had finally picked a team last night and today I was having my first meeting with them and-

"Mr Williams, they're in the room waiting," My assistant Kira said and I got up grabbing everything I needed following her to the conference room. I stepped inside as she closed the door.

"Good day," I greeted and they all replied.

"So all of you here just started working here, neither of you have been here for more than a month and that's why you guys were chosen, I was once in your shoes and I know how hard it is working here. You guys were also chosen because I see talent and potential," I announced as Kira began setting up, the projector.

"Can you all introduce yourselves I know your names, but I'm clueless to the faces," I added pulling out the chair at the head of the desk sitting down.

"I'm Omar Douglas, 21,"

"Kasey Bryan, 23,"

"Terrance Preston, 18" the last one finished

"Well I'm Darrelle Williams, 26 and-"

"Mr Williams, sorry to interrupt it's your fiancé," Kira said handing me the phone.

"Excuse me,"I said taking it, standing up, hearing the turning of paper on the other line.

"Baby?" I called out

"Do you mind picking me up later?"

"Of course not, what time do you want me there?"

"Whenever you get off work," she mumbled sounding distracted and I smiled knowing she was getting back to her working ways, which made a thought pop into my head.

"Did you eat?" I asked her and the line went silent.

"Nia are you serious right now?"

"It slipped my mind why don't you pick up something on your way over here" she offered and I loosened my tie.

"You're a lot of stress you know that?"

"Yeah but you still decided to marry me, doesn't that make you crazy Mr Williams?" She asked amused making me smile.

"No inlove Ms Graham,"

"I'll see you later," she said ending the call earning a chuckle from me.

"Get my car ready," I told my assistant handing her the phone.
.
.
.
.
I got in car looking over to her as she continued to scroll through her phone.

"No kiss?" I asked and she smiled putting away her phone leaning over kissing me softly.

"I got you that shrimp pasta thing you like," I mumbled pulling away reaching for the bag in the backseat handing it to her.

"Thank you baby," she whispered and I smiled starting the car.

"They didn't have the strawberry smoothie, so I bought the cherry with lime, but if you don't want it we can stop at the one on Plant Street on our way home," I mumbled reffering to the smoothie in the cup holder as I checked my surroundings pulling out of the parking spot.

"No it's fine," she whispered removing the food from the bag.

"You need to start eating on time,"

"I know and I will,"

"No you won't, but I'm going to make sure you do," I replied and she laughed. We sat there in comfortable silence as she began eating her food, just enjoying each others presence.

"We need to stop at the store on the way home,"

"Clothing or Food?"

"I was talking about food, but now I kinda want to go shopping,"

"We can do both, just send me a message with what you want from the supermarket, I'll drop you off at the mall go get them, then come pick you up," I replied

"I love you, " she whispered making me laugh as my phone started to ring.

"Answer it" I announced softly keeping my eyes on the road.

"Hello..Oh hi..Are you okay?.....No, we can come get you right now," she said and I frowned stopping at the red light wondering who it was.

"Who is it?" I mouthed not liking the worry on her face.

"You can stay as long as you like.... we're like a minute away from there, okay just wait outside," she finished ending the call.

"Who was that?" I asked my hand going to her thigh.

"Brittany, Andre's fiancé, we're going to pick her up she's at the house," she replied as I diverted my gaze to road driving off turning on Castle Avenue instead, my hand staying on her thigh.

"What happened?"

"She found him in bed with another girl," she informed me and I sighed frustrated, driving to their house the moment I got there I parked the car, getting out moving over to Britt who had her bags in her hands, her eyes glassy.

She immediately moved into me hugging me.

"It's okay," I said watching as Andre walked out shirtless.

"Are these the only bags?" I asked her softly and she shook her head silently saying no.

"There are a few more in the bedroom," she whispered pulling away.

"Go wait in the car, I'll get the rest," I said and she nodded moving away with the suitcases ignoring Andre's pleas.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked him trying to keep calm as I moved into the house going upstairs.

"Man she wasn't supposed to be home until six, I thou-"

"You shouldn't have been fucking any body else,"

"I know man, but it just happened,"

"Is she still here?" I asked referring to girl he was sleeping with.

"She's in the bedroom,"

"You fucked her in your fiancé's bed, why the fuck is she even still here?"

"Man-" he started but stopped knowing better than to say anything stupid right now, I pushed opened the bedroom door to find the girl getting dressed and anger and disappointment filled me.

"This is fucked up," I told him blunty.

"It was an accident,"

"You had a good fucking woman and ruined it because you can't be a fucking man,"

"Man-"

"Don't say shit to me," I ordered his  presence irritated me, I grabbed the two duffle bags walking out of the room going downstairs.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading ❤️‼️

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️‼️

Are you enjoying the book so far??🤔❤️‼️