8

Darrelle's POV
The ringing continued and I rolled over realizing it was my phone, I picked it up running my hand over my face. I answered it realized that it was Nia calling.

"Hello," I said sleepily.

"I'm home,"

"What time is it?"

"Two something,"

"And you just got off work? " I asked

"I got off at one, I got home at two, " she clarified and I chuckled.

"Baby that isn't any better, it isn't healthy, "

"I know, I'm going to let you get some sleep," she mumbled her mood changing slightly probably from my choice of a nickname.

"No, I wanna talk to you, "

"About what? "

"I don't know, I just wanna talk, just say something, " I said closing my eyes.

"I'm tired, "

"I should probably let you sleep, shouldn't I?"

"Yes," she replied amused and I smiled.

"What are you about to do?"

"I'm going to take a shower and then go to bed,"

"Well do that and bring me along," I said and I heard the sweet sound of her laughter through the phone.

"Goodbye Darrelle," she replied ending the call, the sound of silence invading the speaker.
.
.
.
.
I woke up to the sound of noise. I sat up in my bed slowly listening to realize it was loud chatter. I got up pulling on a pair of swear pants before walking down stairs irritated.

"Yow," I shouted as I walked into the livingroom to see Dantae sitting and talking with people that I assumed to be his friends.

"Keep the damn noise down I'm trying to sleep," I said frustrated.

"I'm sorry man, I didn't realize that we were that loud," Dantae apologized and I sighed knowing I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. I made my way upstairs taking a quick shower, brushing my teeth, before pulling on some black joggers a grey v-neck with matching socks and my black slides.

I grabbed my phone walking back downstairs, grabbing my key off the small table by the door.

"I'm going to the store, you want anything?" I asked Dantae retying my durag.

"Just some chips," he said and I nodded going outside getting in my car. My phone started ringing I checked the caller ID answering it.

"Nia,"

"Hey, are you busy?"

"Not really I was just gonna stop by the store and pick up some groceries, why?" I asked and the line went silent for sometime.

"I just want to see you," she said shyly and I smiled.

"Where are you?"

"The office,"

"You're working now, on a Saturday?"

"Yeah I just had somethings I needed to straighten out before court Monday," she replied softly.

"Okay I'll be there in 10-20 minutes," I told her and she hung up. I returned my phone to my pocket before driving off.
.
.
.
.
.
I sat there scrolling through my phone as I waited for her to come down. I looked to my right to see her walking towards the car, I stepped out quickly grabbing her briefcase.