22

Darrelle's POV
I laid on the bed watching as she stepped into the room a towel wrapped around her, water droplets visible on her body. I licked my lips still being able to taste her on them. She walked over to me leaning down kissing me her tongue immediately slipping into my mouth.

"You taste like me," she said not breaking the kiss. I smiled against her lips knowing that she loved the taste of her self. She pulled away sucking my bottom lip before bitting it.

"I'm going to get dressed," she whispered walking into her closet. My phone began to ring and I reached into my front pocket answering it once I realized that it was Jason.

"What's up man?" I asked sitting up.

"I'm going to need you to keep the kids on my anniversary," he said through the phone the sound of people talking in the background.

"For the entire day," he added.

"So you gonna drop them off the day before?" I asked him

"Yeah" he said as the noise lessened in the background.

"Alright no problem," I said ending the call as Nia walked in a pair of jeans and a red v-neck shirt.

"Who was that?" She asked walking over to me.

"Jason,"

"Come," she ordered holding out her hand I chuckled taking it as she led me downstairs. I sat down on a stool around the counter as Nia placed the food before me along with a plate for herself and two glasses of wine. She sat down and we began eating.

"From now on you're cooking for me everyday," I said really enjoying the food.

"Can you pay me for everyday?" She asked amused placing the fork in her mouth. I chuckled taking a sip of my wine.

"So my attention isn't enough?" I asked her and she smiled

"Questions can't answer questions,"

"Stop being smart with me," I said and she smiled looking at me bitting the inside of her cheek her eyes peeling back the layers to my soul.

"I have a great love for Shakespeare," she said randomly and I smiled loving when she speaks about herself.

"I think I picked that up the first time we met,"

"That's one of my favorite quotes," she said smiling her eyes shinning.

"Why?" I asked wanting to know more.

"I think it speaks volumes no matter what generation we're in, people constantly mistaken lust for love," she whispered almost as if to herself as she flashed me a sad smile.

"Have you ever done that?"

"Hasn't everyone, everybody wants to feel love so we label anything we feel as love, we fall in love with the idea of love from fairytales, books, movies hoping for perfection, perfection that we can never have,"

"Do you really believe there is no such thing a perfection?"

"I think it depends on your definition of perfection, your perspective, your point of view and how you see the world," she said taking a sip of her wine slowly before placing it back on the counter.

"I think you're perfect,"

"From what perspective?"

"From a man who has been broken, seen broken. From a man who sees a woman who has been through so much but is stronger than he has ever been. From a man who loves a woman more than he had ever thought possible, from a man who knows love from lust," I responded and she smiled.

"Have you ever seen perfect if broken is the best you've every had?"

"From what perspective?" I asked repeating her question she smiled looking into my eyes.

"From a woman afraid to love, from a woman who has to stay strong because if she lets go she doesn't know if she will be able to build her self up again. From a woman who sees a man who loves her but is too afraid to ever allow herself to feel again," she whispered tears in her eyes threatening to fall. I stood up stepping in between her legs pulling her in a hug, her head against my chest.

"As a man, your man, I'll love you even if you decided I'm not what you want, I'll love you when you're broken and when you're weak because I need you Nia, " I whispered in her ear softly and her hands tightened around me. 

"You have such a great body," she whispered randomly and I chuckled kissing her forehead.

"You're so weird," I whispered back

"Yeah but somehow you still love me,"

"Because it's out of my control," I replied and she pulled away slightly kissing my chin. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she pulled away taking it out.

"I've got to go to the office," she said after a few seconds.

"Can I get a kiss before you leave?" I asked and she laughed slightly leaning forward her lips moving slowly against mine, I swiped my tongue against her lip asking for entrance but she denied me pulling away.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she told me walking out of her kitchen leaving as I sat down finishing my food....and hers.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading ❤️‼️

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️‼️