31

Darrelle's POV
I got out of the car moving to open her door. We we're currently parked at the entrance of the beach in a car that Nia rented for the entirety of our stay in Jamaica. Her family rode by themselves because they had to pick up a few people on the drive over.

"I'm going to get the bag from the back," I told her closing the door as I helped her to stand. I moved to trunk pulling it open grabbing the bag before closing it, moving to meet her at the front.

My hand moved around her waist as we made our way towards the beach, the sun shinning brightly, the heat on our skin.

"I'm going to get us something to drink," she said and I nodded watching as she walked off. After a couple seconds I stopped placing the bag on the beach chair, pulling off my shirt placing it inside of the bag.

I relocated the bag on the floor beside my chair laying down waiting on Nia to get back. I watched the families on beach with their kids playing in the sand and I couldn't help but imagine Nia and I in the same place, with kids of our own.

I felt a hand in my shoulder and I looked over to see Nia smiling.

"Should be worried about you being a child predator or something?" She asked amused putting our drinks on the table beside us before taking off her shorts.

"What?" I asked chuckling as she placed the shorts in the bag moving to sit inbetween my legs.

"You were staring at those kids real hard D," she replied laughing, leaning back against my chest. I smiled kissing her forehead.

"D," she called out and I hummed titling my head to look at her.

"What does the tattoo on your back mean?" She asked as my hands moved around her waist, laying in her lap.

"The names are the people close to me I lost, the crown above the names represents the value they held in my life and the wings symbolizes prayers for peace and happiness," I replied

"When did you get it?"

"I started it when I was 17 and lost my bestfriend in a drive by and the names gradually increased as life went on,"

"I'm sorry about that,"

"You don't have to be sorry baby, everything happens for a reason,"

"Do you truly believe that?"

"Well I have to, because if I didn't Ife will be much harder, knowing that we go through pain everyday just because, do you believe in it?"

"I don't believe in much," she mumbled closing her eyes.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" I asked and she laughed placing her hands on top of mine.

"No,"

"Wow, like that," I replied chuckling and she smiled.

"So you loved me at first sight?" She asked and chuckled.

"This is not about me," I responded amused

"What?" She asked laughing.

"It's your question," I replied chuckling and she sighed smiling.

"It doesn't matter because I love you now,"

"Smooth," I told her smiling and she laughed slightly, I kissed her forehead reaching for my drink.

"What's in this?" I asked bringing my other hand up, using it to grab the straw stirring the liquid.

"Taste it," she whispered and I took a sip, loving the burning sensation it left on the way down.

"Okay this is some good shit," I commented and she laughed reaching for hers as I took another sip, the fruity taste meeting my taste buds. I heard Nia's grandmother call out our names and I followed it to see her walking towards us,along with Ashely, Nathan, a woman her age and three people our age.

"Grandma," she shouted back amused, I chuckled watching as she placed her drink down getting up.

"Darrelle come on, we're getting in the water," Nathan said pulling off his shirt and I sat up sipping my drink.

"Nia you remember Ms Patsy," Grandma asked and Nia nodded greeting her as Ms Patsy pulled her into a hug.

"Patsy this is Darrelle My Grandson and Nia's boyfriend," Grandma introduced and I smiled at the title shaking Ms Patsy's hand.

"Nice to meet you,"

"Nice to meet you too Darrelle," she said as I pulled away taking another sip of my drink.

"And this is Ms Patsy's grandson Mikel and his friends Ashanti and Rushane," Grandma added and we greeted them as Nathan stood up.

"Ready," Nathan said and I nodded finishing my drink before moving off trailing behind him.
.
.
.
.
I laughed at Nathan's joke as we walked towards the group of people we came with.

"Darrelle?" I heard a fimiliar voice call out and I looked over to see Kanton.

"Hey man, what are you doing out here?" I asked smiling shaking his hand.

"Remember two years ago when you convinced me to expand my business?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well you're standing on it," he said and I chuckled

"That's good for you man, this is Nathan,"

"Nice to meet you Nathan," Kanton said shaking his hand.

"What are doing out here?" He asked looking over to me.

"I'm here with my girlfriend and her family,"

"Girlfriend?, She must be one special girl to get you to ke-"

"This is her cousin actually," I said cutting him off, silently telling him to choose his words wisely, he chuckled as someone called him.

"I'm looking to build some more properties out here, you still using the same number?"

"Yeah I am,"

"I'm going to give you a call, you both enjoy yourselves," he said walking off and I nodded as Nathan and I moved towards them. I sat down inbetween Nia's legs resting leaning back against her as Nathan moved over to his sister.

"I got you another drink," she said handing it to me.

"You're going to get me drunk," I said and she smiled leaning down to my ear.

"That's exactly my plan," she whispered and I chuckled.

"To get me drunk?"

"Yes, then I'm going to bring you home and fuck you," she replied and I chuckled taking another sip.

"And who is going to drive?"

"Me,"

"No I don't trust you to drive"

"Why not?" She asked her hands resting on my chest.

"You had one and we both know you're easily intoxicated," I replied and she laughed slightly kissing my head.

"Keep talking shit and I'll shave your head while you're sleeping," she whispered in my ear and I smiled handing her my drink she took it placing back to its resting place as I closed my eyes.

"I'm just concerned for both our safety," I replied and she slapped my chest slightly.

"Nia you still coming?" Ashely asked and I opened my eyes to see Nia motioning for me to sit up. I leaned for hesitantly allowing her to leave, watching as she made her way to the water before laying back down.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading ❤️‼️

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️‼️