37

One month later
Darrelle's POV
We had just returned from our doctor's appointment and Nia was officially in her second trimester, which made me happy and scared at the same time.

Nia was currently upstairs on a three way call with both our mothers, I heard footsteps and looked up to see Nia walking down stairs, in a pair of my black joggers, one of my white t-shirts and matching black socks her curls falling around her.

I placed her pancakes on the counter facing a stool and my egg sandwich beside it as she sat down.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," she replied

"Milk?"

"Grape juice," she replied and I smiled turning my back to her opening the fridge filling two glasses up before putting it back. I turned around completely shocked by the sight before me.

"Are you eating eggs?" I asked as she took another bite of my sandwich.

"I've been craving it," she mumbled cringing and I chuckled moving around the island placing down the glasses before sitting.

"Do you want the pancakes?" I asked and she nodded saying yes before taking another bite of the sandwich.

"So what am I going to eat?" I asked amused and she smiled spreading her legs slightly, I chuckled moving over to chair I began to move down when she pressed her hand against my chest stopping me.

"I'm joking," she replied laughing and I stood up, sitting back down.

"Can I have another?" She asked motioning to the egg sandwich and I stood up moving over to the stove, making enough for two sandwiches. I moved back over to her placing the plate down grabbing mine taking a bite as she finished her bacon.

"I'm fat," she mumbled frowning and I laughed putting down my sandwich pulling my stool closer to hers.

"You're beautiful," I said as she took a sip of her juice. She reached for the egg sandwich taking a bite.

"If you think this is beautiful you have a fucked up perception of beauty," she replied before taking another bite, I smiled sipping my juice.

"No matter what perception I see you from, you will always be beautiful" I said and she smiled rolling her eyes.

"You're so annoying," she whispered and I smiled pecking her lips, moving to her belly doing the same.

"I can't wait to meet my little girl,"

"How are you so sure it's a girl?" She asked amused.

"I just know,"
.
.
.
.
Four months later
I opened the door scanning the living room to find it empty, Nia was six months pregnant and I couldn't be happier. She also started painting more since she was on maternity leave, and the art gallery was up and running which I expected since she couldn't leave without working in someway or another.

She is also anonymous, and she has sold ten paintings this week only and it was only Tuesday. I pulled opened our bedroom door to see her outside on the balcony sitting on the longue chair her hair in a bun, and as usual wearing my clothes. I closed the door and she looked towards me.

I pulled off my jacket throwing it on the bed as well as my tie before making my way outside.

"Hey babygirl," I greeted sliding the door closed and she sat up, as I kissed her forehead.

"I'm bored D," she mumbled as I pulled away and I moved down pecking her lips bending before her.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked and she smiled.