36

Darrelle's POV
"You're calling your mother first," she mumbled shifting beside me to lay her head in my lap.

"Why?" I asked leaning back on the couch and she smiled closing her eyes.

"Because I'm pregnant,"

"Your reason is I'm pregnant,"

"Yes," she replied handing me my phone, I sighed taking dialing my mother's number quickly.

"Hey Mom," I greeted the moment she answered the call.

"Hey sweetheart, how's Nia feeling now?" She asked and I remembered the last time she spoke to us, was when I thought Nia had the flu.

"She's good, she's laying right here,"

"That's good, so why the sudden call at 9 p.m?" She asked and I ran my hand down to Nia's belly.

"Mom Nia's pregnant, we're having a baby," I said bracing myself.

"Darrelle Tremaine Khalil Christopher Williams, when I told you I wanted grandbabies I meant after marriage, Nia deserves to be-put Nia on the phone," she said and I handed Nia the phone she took it placing it go her ear.

"Hey...I'm feeling okay...I just ate....we had a doctor's appointment yesterday...a healthy baby....it was unexpected...he's been great...Thank you..alright mom bye," she said handing me back the phone.

"Yes Mom," I said into the phone.

"Make sure you take good care of Nia, and congratulations on the baby, I'm coming to visit soon,"

"We're actually planning party so I'll let you know,"

"Okay baby, if you have any questions call, I don't want you messing up my grandbaby," she said ending the call and I smiled.

"My mom loves you more," I said and she laughed looking up at me.

"Is the Mama's boy sad?" She asked amused and I chuckled.

"Call your mom,"

"That's cold," she said laughing picking up her phone. After a few minutes we finished talking to Nia's mother whose reaction was pretty much the same as my mother. We both decided to tell everybody else at the party, but we did call my sister, well Nia did which made-

"You're pregnant," I heard a voice say and I looked up to see Dream walking down the stairs.

"I'm in the house how could I not know this?" She asked before we could answer moving over to us.

"We were going to tell you," Nia said and Dream rolled her eyes, which was a slight confirmation that they were sisters.

"After she is born I guess," Dream mumbled and Nia rolled her eyes.

"Well you know now,"

"I wouldn't have if Mom could hold a secret,"

"Dream please don't scream around my child," I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Fuck off Darrelle,"

"And the cursing," I added and she smiled flipped me off, kneeling down touching Nia's stomach.

"I'm going to be an aunt," she mumbled and Nia laughed.
.
.
.
.
I felt Nia stir and I opened my eyes to see her sitting up, the sound of someone pounding our front door invading my ears.

"Whose that?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"If you don't know, how am I supposed to know," she replied and I chuckled ignoring the sound leaning over to kiss her.