9

Darrelle's POV
I walked into the building a bouquet of roses in my hand as I walked to receptionist, hoping she would send me up without any questions since I seemed to visit Nia everyday. I was trying to surprise her, I knew me visiting now would be unexpected since I usually came at night.

"I'm he-"

"You know where to go," the receptionist said smiling and I chuckled walking off. After 2-3 minutes I was walking down the hall to her office.

"Back again," Trishana said walking towards me and I chuckled.

"Nice to see you too,"

"I never said it was nice to see you Darrelle," She fired back walking past me. I smiled moving infront of Nia's door knocking after a second or two I heard a small come in, I pushed it open to reveal Nia sitting around her desk.

"Hey babygirl," I greeted walking on closing the door.

"What are you doing here? " She asked checking her watch as she stood up.

"Nice to see you too Nia," I said as she moved over to me.

"I nev-thank you," she replied taking the roses from my hands placing them on her desk.

"Are you surprised to see me?"

"Surprised is an understatement," she mumbled turning to face me, leaning back against her desk.

"You don't sound too happy,"

"Because you're kinda cutting into my work schedule," she replied and I chuckled shaking my head.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked and she rolled her eyes pushing off the desk walking towards me.

"I'm not trying to sound disrespectful,"

"Well try harder, I drove all this way to see you, and your biggest concern is your work schedule,"

"I'm sorry,"

"You're being inconsiderate,"

"I know," she said looking up at me forming a gaze I couldn't break if I tried to. I moved forward silently asking for permission to kiss her and she smiled leaning in capturing my lips into a small kiss. Her hands slid up my chest as my body ignited. She pulled away looking up at me and I immediately regretted everything I said.

"I'm sorry too, I should've called" I replied and she smiled bitting her lip softly before breaking our gaze to look at the door behind me.

"You have to leave," she said pulling away.

"Wait, why?"

"My brother is stopping by,"

"So why do I have to leave?"

"I don't want him to know about whatever it is we got going on between us," she confessed walking back to seat.

"So what, are you going to wait until we're married to tell him? " I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't you have job to go to?" She asked amused leaning back in her chair watching me.

"I'll leave if, you go out with me tonight,"

"Okay," She replied and I stood there shock that she agreed.

"What now?" She asked sighing

"I'm just shocked that you agreed that fast, I expected an argument or something that resulted in me convincing you,"

"Can you leave now?" She asked amused and I chuckled, mentally making plans for tonight.
.
.
.
.
My phone started to ring I closed the pot checking my watch as I walked over to it.