07 | Leave Without Goodbye

It wasn't long before everyone had gone their separate ways. Wendy joined Lucy, Natsu, Gray and Erza at Fairy Tail and from what Halay heard, she had settled down nicely. However, ever since the brunette had gotten back to Blue Pegasus, her mind had been conflicted. She needed to figure out why.

She zipped up she small bag quickly, causing a large tearing to fill her small room. She let out a heavy sigh as she glanced at the room she had grown up in, the place that held her happiest memories. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't hear someone enter the room.

"You're leaving?" She heard someone ask. She regrettably looked to the door and saw Hibiki standing there with his usual casual lean. Something about the way his face hung made Halay sigh.

Halay nodded. "Yeah."

"Going on a mission?" He asked simply as he wondered into the room, picking up a random picture and smiling at it. It was an old picture of the two, smiling at the camera. He placed it back down and watched the girl shift her weight awkwardly.

"Not exactly." She answered vaguely, glancing at the bag and stepping in front of it.

"So you were going to leave without saying goodbye?" He questioned as he stared at her. Halay's face fella and she bit her lip, trying to come up with an excuse quickly.

"No. Yes. I don't know." Halay let out an uneasy breath before sitting down on her bed, running her hands over her face. "Ever since I almost died I've been seeing things differently. It's like I value life a lot more then I did and I want to go on an adventure every day. But being here, it feels ..."

"Too safe." Hibiki finished for her. He crouched down in front of her and grabbed her hands. He brushed her fingers over her rings as he stared into her teal eyes. "Everyone gets to a point in their lives when they need to grow. You're not going to do that here."

The brunette's eyes filled up with tears as she stared at the playboy. "How do you know?"

"Because you're my best friend, Halay." He told her, gripped her hands tighter. "Sure, you don't tell me everything but I can read you. Ever since you saw Erza again, I can tell your judgement has been effected. You care about her. And the more I think about it, the more similarities I see between you and the Fairy Tail guild."

"What do you mean?" Halay questioned as she furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Unnecessary violence, threatening guild members, recklessness." Hibiki joked which caused her to laugh gently. "You belong with them."

"But I can't leave my family." Halay stated as she grabbed his hand's back. The teenage boy blinked back his tears, not wanting to seem weak in front of the girl who needed help.

"You're not leaving us, you're moving on. We'll always be here." Hibiki replied, pulling the girl up gently with a small smile.

Halay chocked out a sob. "I can't say goodbye to you Hibiki."

"You're not saying goodbye, think of it as a see you later." Hibiki replied as he pulled her into a hug. Halay buried her head into his chest and sobbed gently. Hibiki swayed gently as he tried to stop himself crying. They stayed there for a few minutes before they pulled away from each other. Halay gave him a small smile as she brushed the tears off her cheeks.

"What would I do without you?" She questioned rhetorically as she lifted her bag up and wrapped it around her shoulder.

"Crash and burn." Hibiki replied as he pushed the door open and held his hand out to her. "Come on, everyone's waiting downstairs."

Shock and confusion filled through her body as she stared at the blue eyes boy. For a minute she thought she had misheard him but when she saw his small smirk she knew something was going on. "What?"