40 | Erik vs Halay

Somehow, the large group had managed to get into the main part of the Infinity Castle. Halay was prepared for a fight every time they rounded a corner but no one was there. It confused her. Where was the guards? Where was the Neo Oracion Seis? Where was the people who were supposed to stop them? It didn't make any sense to her.

Her fingers twitched at the thought of the Oracion Seis, her thirst for blood becoming a lot stronger then she had ever felt before. She wanted revenge and she wanted it badly.

It probably didn't help that Dimitri was also kidnapped. She was bottling up so many emotions that she was bound to burst at some point but when? She couldn't help but think back to the analogy Reed had given when they first met. She was a ticking time bomb and right now, the time on the clock shortened. Drastically.

She was so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed they had run into a new circle like corridor until she heard Warren's crackly voice in her head. "Hey guys, can you hear me?" She heard him ask roughly before the static overlapped it completely.

"Can anyone else hear that?" Elfman questioned the group at they ran, wondering if he was going mad.

"It sounds like telepathy from Warren but I can't understand him." Natsu responded. Halay nodded in agreement.

"He said we can stop the clock by beating the Oracion Seis." Erza informed them, the clanging of her armour filling the corridor.

"Then they can't control it anymore." Coco continued as it filled her head too. Halay furrowed her brows, if Coco could hear Warren then who else could?

"And we might be able to save Lucy in the process." Gray finished with a confident smile in his face, they actually had a proper plan. A frown appeared on Halay's face, didn't she express this plan two minutes ago?

"I can get behind that plan." Gajeel smirked. "I'll start to rust if I don't bash hit some heads before dinner."

"I'm sick and tired of this running around, I'm ready to brawl. Let's show them how manly we are." Elfman exclaimed confidently, flexing his muscles.

Natsu grinned in excitement, feeling ready to beat some people up. "I'm all fired up now."

"End of the line kids." Announced a voice which made Halay's blood boil. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fist in rage. Erza watched as her childhood friend's whole demeanour changed drastically. Her teal eyes looked upwards and landed on the maroon haired dragon slayer that she was itching to kill.

"Erik." She growled lowly, the fury in her eyes slowly spill out into her body, her hands were shaking. She really hated that she had anger issues but right now, she couldn't care less.

"All that anxiety, the sweet desperation and despair." Erik smirked as he looked over the ground of wizards. "I hear it all."

"Not if I char your ears off." Natsu shouted at him, fire surrounding his fists.

Erik looked down to the fire dragon and frowned. "I'm saving you for last Salamander."

Erza watched as Halay's entire body started to shaking, clearly she was trying to keep her emotions in check but was failing. Halay's fingers were turning white in her fists as she squeezed them. She let go, her hands falling to her sides gently. "We take him together." Erza instructed, knowing exactly what the brunette was about to do.

"No I'm taking him now." She denied immediately. She ran between the boys, pushing them violently out of the way and ignoring their shouts. Using her fire, she propelled herself off the floor, flying through the air like a bullet and heading straight for Erik.