47 | Two Teams In

The next day had rolled around extremely fast. By the time the group had made it back to their inn, it was well past one am and they needed to be up bright and early for the beginning of the Grand Magic Games. As well as this, they had been told by Dimitri that Wendy had been attacked. No one knew who had done it but it was safe to say the entire guild was now looking for blood.

Halay was the first to arrive out of her teams mates, watching from the side lines as people were called out. She watched as Fairy Tail team A was announced. She filled up with pride when she noticed Keeri standing with the. The time mage was visibly nervous and clearly didn't want to be there. Booing emitted from all around the stadium which made Halay stand up straight.

Footsteps echoed through the corridor which made her glance back. Jellal was walking towards her, pulling on his hat to hide his face. He looked up to see her eyes on him which made him freeze. She smiled at him before looking back to the arena.

"That doesn't sound good." Jellal commented as he stood next to the brunette, eyeing the arena.

"Looks like Fairy Tail is the underdogs." Halay agreed as they looked at each other. It was strange to the brunette, only a few days ago they almost kissed and now they were standing next to each other, looking like they were about to run into battle together. More footsteps were heard behind the pair and they both looked back. Their team mates were walking towards them. "You guys ready to rock the world?" She questioned them.

Gajeel smirked in response. "Gee hee." Halay rolled her eyes playfully and turned her head back to the arena.

"The guild that came in seventh place, Quatro Cerberus. And coming in sixth, there's a guild that no one expects, it's Mermaid Heel! In fifth place, the glimmer in the darkness, Blue Pegasus." The announcer, Chapati Lola, called out. Halay smiled, not only did she get to fight against her old guild but they had also made it through. She was proud of them. "Next in fourth place is the keeper of love and peace and sacred destroyer: Lamia Scale. Now to announce our third place contestant. What a shocker, swooping in, this dark and gloomy guild are making their debut. Give it up for Raven Tail."

"Raven Tail?" Halay questioned when she felt the atmosphere shift, everyone had tensed. "I thought they were a dark guild that isn't attached to the Balam Alliance." She looked to her guild mates for confirmation.

"They're not anymore apparently." Gajeel muttered as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"This ain't good." Laxus grumbled, his voice emotionless as he stared into the empty space.

Halay furrowed her brows as she looked at the blond. "Why?"

"Raven Tail's Master is Master Ivan, Master Makarov's son." Mira explained as she glanced at Laxus, making sure he was okay. Halay nodded in understanding, the master of Raven Tail was his father.

"Yeah you're right, this ain't good." Halay agreed as she looked to the blond. Her gaze bore into his cheek which made him clench his jaw. She noticed and looked away, she never meant to make him uncomfortable.

"Hold on! We've still got two teams who made it through the qualifiers! Our first place runner up is, oh wow what a surprise! This years competition just got a whole lot more interesting folks! It's Fairy Tail Team B!" The man screamed in glee as the group emerged from the stadium.

Laxus lifted his hand and shot his lighting around the group. It created a ball and suddenly the guild logo apprwared on the centre of it. With a small pop, the bubble brust to reveal the team inside. Everybody was shocked at their appearance, their own guild the most out of everyone.

"So dramatic." Halay joked as she punched Laxus' bicep. The man looked down at her and grinned. He was starting to like the brunette and she was starting to like him.