31 | Welcome To The Guild

The minute everyone had stopped crying was the minute the welcome party started and it didn't take long for hell to break loose. Luckily, there were no bar brawls or fist fights happening but it didn't stop the drinking. God did everyone drink lots. Halay felt a pure smile make its way onto her face as she conversed with her friends and even some of the people she didn't get a chance to speak to before such as Juvia and the Thunder Legion.

"I have to say I'm surprised Halay," Gramps spoke up from next to her which made her turn her head. She walked up to the bar area and watched him closely. "I didn't expect you to wear the big shoes."

"You left me in charge, there was no way I'd leave this place behind. Besides they never really fit me anyway. The only reason I'm actually semi-okay is because of this old man." Halay admitted as she placed her hands of Macao's shoulders and shook him gently. He looked up at her in surprise which made her to smile gratefully at him. No words were exchanged but the looks were all they needed.

The party went on. Rose, Keeri and Halay briefly caught up on what had happened but the fourth master was soon dragged away by Jey and Droy who wanted to introduce her to Levy. It was strange how she had never interacted with any of the people before but felt like she knew them all personally. That's when she spotted a brunette out the corner of her eye. Halay smirked evil before sitting down in front of her.

"Cana. I'm challenging you to a drinking contest." Halay announced with as smirk making everyone in the hall to look over to her in shock.

"Is that really the best idea?" Levy questioned as a large crowd gathered around them.

Cana day up straight and smirked back. "Bring it on." The card mage challenged.

Shots, bear, whisky. They almost drank the whole guild hall dry before one of them collapsed. It was a tight game for everyone watching but for Halay, she was certain of her victory. That's when Cana's hand shook as she tried to drink her last shot before falling off her stall, her eyes spinning. "You drank Cana under the table?" Everyone screamed in disbelief as Halay took her final shot and drank it easily.

"How?" Keeri stuttered out in shock.

"Since I have so many magic types, they kind of burn through most of the alcohol so I need to have loads if I want to get drunk." Halay explained briefly as she span in her seat. She suddenly started to giggle uncontrollably before she took a deep breath. "I think I'm drunk."

Keeri rolled her eyes with a smile on her face before she went to converse with someone else. Halay stood up slowly, making sure she didn't topple over and in doing so, she bumped into a strong chest. She looked up to see yellow hair and a lightning scar running along their eye. Laxus stared down at the girl, he hadn't recognised her but from the description Keeri, Rose and the rest of his friends gave him, he figured out that this was Halay Winters.

Laxus cleared his throat as he stabled they tipsy girl. "I'm ..."

"Laxus Dreyar," Halay cut him off as she patted his arm as she stabled herself and smiled brightly at him. "Pleasure to meet you man. I've heard great things."

"Really?" Laxus questioned in confusion as he watched the Thunder Legion gather around him. "That's weird cause I was a dick."

"I did hear those stories but I figured you wouldn't want them to be brought up." The brunette admitted as she looked around the small group that had gathered around them. "Is it true you made the guild fight against each other?" She asked him in curiosity.

Laxus chuckled nervously as he scratched his neck. "Not my finest moment."

"It was an awesome idea." Halay stated as her mind wandered. She soon caught the confused and worried looks from her guild mates and quickly explained, "I like violence."