55 | The Raging Waters

After the success that was day three, the partying seemed to take the excitement to the next level for the Fairy Tail guild. Beers were being thrown around, liquid splashing onto the floor but none of the wizards cared. They had a victory to celebrate.

As per usual, Halay sat quietly in the corner. Observing, smiling and laughing at her friends as they made fools of themselves. Day three was something special but Halay couldn't shake the feeling of something going wrong.

She knew that the next day was going to be harder because duo battles were being introduced. There was no doubt that Sting and Rouge were going to be paired together. Halay just dreaded to find out who they would be paired against.

Halay's gaze fell onto a bluenette which sparked an idea in her head. The brunette stood and walked over to the girl, gently tapping her shoulder. "Hey Juvia, can I ask you something?"

Juvia tore her gaze away from the chaos that was ensuing in front of her and nodded, "Sure, what's up?" She asked curiously.

"I learnt water magic because I was bored one day but it's not very strong." Halay explained as she fiddled with her ring, one that bore the water symbol. "I was wondering how I could get it to be like yours."

"Well, my power comes from my emotions but mainly my love for my darling. Maybe try to get in touch with some of your happy emotions and try then." Juvia suggested as she looked to the brunette.

"Happy emotions." Halay grimaced slightly. "Got it, thank you."

Juvia nodded with a smile. "No problem. If you have any other problems just let me know."

"Likewise." Halay gave her a warm smile before going off to try and figure out what happy emotions were.

꧁꧂

"It's a sunny day for magic and mayhem. We're ready to kick off day four's contests with a bang. Today's game is called Naval Battle. That's right folks, strap yourselves in for a exciting skirmish in the sea! The battle field is a large ball of water and if you're pushed out, you lose the match. The last contestant left swimming will be the winner.

However when only two competitors remain inside the battle field, a special rule will come into play. We call it the five minute rule. In this instance if one of the remaining challengers exists the ring in the first five minutes of the final showdown they will get last place." The announcer screamed at the top of his lungs making the crowd shout in joy.

"So the game's essentially becomes an underwater sumo match." Yajima summarised for those who didn't understand.

"Looks like the challengers are chosen." Chapati Lola clapped in excitement as wizards began to fill the water dome. "From Lamia Scale, it's Shelia. Jenny from Blue Pegasus has hit the waves. From Mermaid Heel, it's Leslie. Also joining the waves is Halay from Fairy Tail team B."

Halay let her body float in the water, her brown hair tied back into her iconic ponytail from her teenage years. Her black bikini showed all the scars that littered her body but for once, she didn't care about the stares.

"No way am I coming last this game." She muttered to herself in determination.

The water splashed for the last time, Halay looking up to see the one person she didn't want to see. "Minerva of Sabertooth, at your service."

It was clear that Minerva was the favourite due to the crowd roaring loudly, making the entire arena shake. Halay couldn't understand why people looked up to bullies. Was Fairy Tail the only ones that knew how bad Sabertooth really were?