16 | The Truth Of Rose

Tension was high as a stare off started between each side. The lights of the amusement park were almost blinding but Fairy Tail's eyes stayed on their attackers. Music from the carousel was still playing but that didn't put Halay off her target. She thought about all the ways she could attack both them at the same time, completely forgetting she didn't need to do it on her own anymore. Even then, she usually worked solo so being part of something bigger then herself was almost like a foreign feeling - even with the alliance that she didn't really take part in.

"Will you be good animals and go back to your cages without a fight?" Sugarboy hummed as he watched the Earthland wizards carefully, making sure they didn't make a move. There was the word, animals, it triggered something in her head. Her fists tightened and her rings dinged when they touched each other. Halay couldn't tell what she was feeling. Anger. Worry. Terror.

"You don't tell the cattle what to do, you make them do it." Hughes added on as the two Edolas wizards watched them. Out of the corner of her eye, Rose watched as the girl grew into a time bomb, waiting to blow up at any moment. She wanted to reach out for her but she knew they weren't quite there yet, however she needed to do something. She sent a concerned glance to Lucy who was obviously thinking the same thing as her.

"I suggest you both shut your mouths before I sow them shut and chop off your heads." Halay growled under her breath, her eyes darkening as she started murderously at the male on the ship. She seemed to loose all sight of reason and she found herself back in the Tower of Heaven, working to survive.

"What are they yammering about?" Nastu asked his friends in confusion, not understanding what was being said to him even though he could hear perfectly.

"We already took their power so we don't have to handle with care." Hughes told Sugarboy loudly, making sure the Fairy Tail wizards knew their intentions. "If code ETD pans out like the old man hoped then these eyesores become a waste of space. If there is one thing we excel at, it's taking out the clutter. Hope you're ready to meet your maker."

"Yes I am!" Halay growled in anger as her eyes turned emotionless. Red flames appeared around her hands which made her friends back up slightly. The red soon turned blue. With a thundering sound, the ring master sent the fire straight through the wooden boat, pushing it slightly off its hinges. The fire was still concentrated into one point - burning a perfect hole - until Halay stopped. Her arms had steam flowing off them, purple burn marks staining her hands as she smirked victoriously at the man.

"She blew a hole in the middle of it!" Natsu shouted in disbelief, his eyes popping out of his head at the sight.

"I didn't know she was this strong." Rose muttered as she watched the hole in the boat. The sound of metal clicking behind them made Rose turn wuickly. There stood a large ice cap stood over the carousel. "Nice save Gray."

"Couldn't let Halay have all the fun now could we?" Gray grinned as he watched Natsu pounce on the wand using man.

"This chumps combusting." Hughes screamed in awe and slight fear. He'd never seen anything like it, it must have been Earthland magic. The rumours must have been true, Earthland magic is a lot more powerful then Edolas magic.

"And you will too!" Natsu shouted as he threw his flame covered fist at the man's face. Hughes fell to the floor, the ground cracking underneath him. "Are you ready to give our friends back yet?"

"Sorry but that's not my call." The man chuckled bitterly as he touched his sore cheek. "Even if it was, it would take a lot more then that to give it up. You guys just have to face the fact you're history."

From the floor, Gray, Lucy, Halay and Rose all watched as Natsu started shouting inaufiable noise at the Edolas resident. The blonde seemed to notice something out of the corner of her eye and she quickly shouted to the pink haired dragon slayer, "Natsu look out behind you!" They suddenly dropped, their feet becoming absorbed in the ground. "Woah, what are we standing in?"