49 | One Small Problem

Please read the authors note at the end of the chapter

The events of the game before were quickly forgotten when it was announced that Lucy would be fighting a girl from Raven Tail, Flare Corona. Halay now absolutely hated Raven Tail and her anger was slowly growing. In a subtle way to try and stop herself from blowing a lid, she clenched and unclenched her jaw every now and then. She didn't think anyone noticed. Jellal did.

When the battle started, Lucy was on top of it, sending out two celestial spirits at once. However, this quickly changed when Flare managed to grip Lucy's feet with her hair, turning it to flames. Then suddenly it stopped, there was a pause in the field which made Halay sit forward in confusion. Suddenly Lucy was loosing, taking beating after beating from Flare. It was extremely hard to watch.

"Why isn't the cheerleader fighting back?" Gajeel questioned in confusion, watching Lucy lay compliantly on the floor as her thighs and arms were burned.

"There has to be a reason." Halay stated. She hadn't know Lucy as long as most people but she did know that the blonde never gave up, especially when it came to protecting Fairy Tail. "Lucy's not stupid, she wouldn't just throw the fight away. Not after everything that's happened."

Halay stood up, narrowing her eyes on the fight going on. She noticed that one of Flare's hair was stuck in the ground but she never saw it pop up. She was about to say something when Rose's voice echoed throughout the stadium.

"She's all good Lucy! Kick her ass!" Rose screamed as she held Auska off to the side protectively. Halay looked to her teammates, did Flare really just threaten a child?

Lucy sprang back into action almost immediately when the good news came. She summoned Gemini and they started doing a spell that was vaguely familiar to the brunette. Halay remembered that Hibiki used to go on about a spell called Urano Metria, the ultimate magic of the stars. Just as the spell was about to hit it's peak, it stopped.

Halay frowned, Flare didn't have the time nor the skill to neutralise that spell. Her gaze fell to Raven Tail, they were up to something and she wanted to know what it was. It was safe to say Lucy was angry and upset about what had happened, being helped off the field by Natsu who was holding her.

Next it was Ren versus Araña Webb. There was no secret what side Halay was on and it was only confirmed when she cheered for her friend.

"Kick her ass Ren!" Halay shouted, cupping her hands over her mouth to amplify her voice.

"Don't go cheering for the enemy!" Gajeel exclaimed in slight anger as he stared at her in disbelief.

"She grew up with him Gajeel," Mira replied, placing a comforting hand on the brunette's shoulder. "It's sweet."

Ren won with ease. Even though he had a slow start, shouting about his fiancé, Sherry, being in the stands. Halay thought it was sweet that he got to be with the person he loved, she envied him slightly.

"I'll be back." Halay told Mira before she started to leave the area.

"Don't leave! You could be next moron!" Gajeel shouted at her but was met with the door slamming shut. He turned to Laxus who shrugged his shoulders, he wasn't going to tell Halay Winters no. That would be the day he died.

Halay sprinted down the corridor, heading to where she remembered the Blue Pegasus area was. She didn't exactly know why she was running to Blue Pegasus, maybe it was to say hi or maybe it was for some comfort. Either way, she did it. On this journey, she met the one she was looking for.

"Ren!" Halay called out with a smile, waving him down. He slowed his steps so that she could catch up. "Congrats on winning." Halay told him kindly as they walked together.