THE DEAL

" Are you out of your mind?! "

My head was spinning as I try to absorb what Jake was saying. I couldn't believe what just happened. I couldn't believe what I just did.

Or rather, unintentionally did.

I apparently gate-crashed an audition. My cousin and his production house were holding an audition for the female lead for an upcoming Korean TV-series in the lobby. Someone was on cue to start her audition when I barged into the building. The male lead was supposed to crash into her- which explained why I got knocked down because he thought I was her, the girl auditioning for the role.

And the gorgeous guy who threw me off was apparently Korea's hottest TV star, Ji Chang Wook.

That was why he looked familiar. Because I've seen him a couple of times on TV!

I couldn't recall everything that has happened after the director ended the scene. But there were a few things I can remember.

I remembered looking dumbfounded when the director shouted 'cut'. I remembered Ji Chang Wook looking at me curiously and was just about to say something when his manager whisked him away. I remembered staring after him trying to figure out who he was and what was happening around me. I remembered some of the production staff hugging and congratulating me as if I did something wonderful. I remembered the director, coming over and talking to me rapidly in Korean.

And that's when Jake got hold of me and dragged me into one of the studio's empty dressing room and explained what happened.

What took place in that lobby was surreal. But what I couldn't really grasp my head into was my cousin's next plan of action. And he's been convincing me to agree to it for the past half an hour.

" Come on, Anne  " Jake said earnestly. " I know you don't want to go back to New York anytime soon. You can do this to pass your time here, to keep your mind off things."

" I am planning to go back to New York, " I shot back. " I just need a few weeks off to clear my head, not a full year as you are suggesting!"

Jack folded his arms across his chest and cocked his head to one side. " Really? "

" Really. " I glared at him folding my arms across my chest, mirroring what he was doing.

I watched in annoyance as his face broke into a smirk.

" So you're finally ready to face Tommy and Carrie? " Jake challenged. " Better yet, are you ready to work with your new step mother? "

I gasped as a hand went up to my mouth.

Bastard!

Asshole as he was acting right now, Jake was actually my closest cousin, whose supposedly older than me by age. Five years in fact. But he can easily pass  up as my twin because our resemblance was apparently uncanny. I couldn't really see it but people claimed we look eerily alike. When we were younger, there were times when we wondered if we were twins in our previous lives because of this weird mind connection between us. We initially thought it was creepy because we can easily guess what each other was thinking. We can even finish each other's sentences. We got used to it through the years. We don't have psychic powers or anything like that. I think our DNAs are somewhat identical making it easy for us to figure each other out at one glance.

" Fuck, I'm sorry, " Jake raised both hands palms facing me. " That was a cheap shot. I just really think you'd do great here. This kind of opportunity, it does't come often."

I narrowed my eyes and took a step closer towards him. I saw a glint of panic in his eyes.

Just as I suspected.