CONFESSION

ANNE

I stared at the massive cabin sitting on top of the hill that we drove on. I slowly got out of the rental car's passenger side and stared at the three-storey cabin that was illuminating in warm yellow lights.

" You own this place? " Riwa asked in an incredulous voice as I stared at the beautiful house with a brick chimney.

" Legally, my mom owns it, " he said smilingly.

I've seen big luxurious houses. My dad, alone, owns several. The cabin was nothing fancy. But something about this rustic house in the middle of nowhere appealed to me. I was surprised that Ji Chang Wook owns such a house. I would have thought his investments would would zero in on high rise apartments or fancy abodes.

" You own the hill too? " Riwa gestured on a directional signboard which read ' Wookieland' and was pointing to the direction of the house.

" Oh that, " he gingerly rubbed the back of his neck. " That's a joke between me and Daniel."

" Cool isn't it? Wookieland. " Daniel grinned coming up from behind us. " I had that installed the day Chang bought this house."

I chuckled as I followed Chang inside the log house. He quickly gave us a tour and I realized it was as charming inside as it was outside. Considering who the owner was, the house was surprisingly quaint and cozy.

The house was all in parquet flooring, the walls in faux wood paint.

We first went into the kitchen and it was massive. It has a huge solid oak working table in the center with rattan chairs lined up on both sides. The fridge, microwave and toaster were all built into the walls, aligned vertically. A five burner gas stove was nestled in the center of it all.

The dining room was just beside the kitchen. A rustic yet elegant looking twelve seater wooden dining table was the highlight of the room. Two large vintage brass mirrors were mounted on each side of the room while the opposite sides were decorated with large ornamental plants. Eight wooden lamps dropped from the ceiling in varied lengths.

The living room was adjacent to the dining room. It housed a beautifully upholstered caramel colored L-shape sofa set. Two matching bleached white wooden coffee tables were positioned at the two ends. An antique looking piano sits at one corner of the living room and for the first time since I saw the house, I wondered if Chang Wook hangs out in this room and plays the instrument.

Eight rooms occupied the second floor, each equipped with beautifully adorned wooden bed and vanity sets. Each room has an impressive looking bathroom and a glass sliding panel that has a view of a beautiful flower garden.

The third floor was a massive space converted into a terrace. It was with filled wooden chairs and tables. Beige and orange colored bean bags were strewn randomly around the area emanating a fun and cheerful vibe. One part of the terrace has a barbeque grill and the other part housed a jacuzzi.

" It's so big, " Riwa continued in awe as we stared out the third floor terrace. " I supposed your mom lives here? "

Chang, whose hands were shoved inside his jeans pockets, gave my talent manager a lopsided grin.

" Not really, " he said offhandedly. " Mom loves this place but she doesn't want to live here alone. So this has become a vacation house."

Riwa grinned at Chang. " Coming here was by far the best idea that you've had since meeting Anne."

Chang looked at the older woman in mock anger. " I always have great ideas. You hurt my feelings Riwa. " he said in false indignation and winked at me.