INCOGNITO

ANNE

" Is he driving a red sports car? " Rachel wanted to know as she peeked out of my living room window which has a clear view of the front street.

" Maybe, " I muttered as I took out my things from the brown pouch that I was using the past two days.

" Well, there's a red sports car parked outside your front gate, " Rachel told me as a matter of factly. " It's heavily tinted. I think that's him."

I looked up from what I was doing and immediately walked over to where Rachel was standing, behind my thick gray curtains.

There was indeed a flashy red convertible parked outside my black iron gate. And it was as she said, tinted heavily that you could't see anything or anyone inside.

" It's been there for the past ten minutes, " Rachel informed me as she moved her face closer to the glass window. " Did he tell you that he's outside? "

I quickly grabbed my mobile phone from the right back pocket of my jeans.

No messages there. No missed calls either.

" No. " I lifted my phone up for Rachel to see. " Maybe that's not him. "

I went back to putting my wallet, lip gloss, and hair brush inside the red pouch that I planned on using for the day.

" Ohmigod! " Rachel suddenly cried out. " It is him! He just got out of the car and it looks like he's calling someone. "

My phone rang the next instant and Rachel quickly rushed to where I was, grinning from ear to ear.

I didn't know what was up with her. It's not like it's her first time to meet Ji Chang Wook. But after learning what happened to Chang Wook and I last night, she'd been more psyched about this Jajangmyeon lunch with the actor than I was. I realized this morning, as she chose which outfit I should wear for today's lunch date, telling her about what happened between Ji Chang Wook and I on that secluded highway might not have been a really good idea.

" Hey Chang, " I greeted and moved away from Rachel as she tried to lean over so she can listen to what the actor was saying on the other line.

I held a hand to push Rachel away.

" No, no, you don't need to come in," I told Chang after he returned my greeting and informed me that he was outside. " I'll be right out. Give me a minute. "

I quickly placed the phone down and glared at Rachel.

" What's your deal, Rach?! "

She folded her arms across her chest. " You're going to have a date with Ji Chang Wook and I can't listen into your conversation now? "

I rolled my eyes at her and grabbed my pouch.

" How many times do I have to tell you, " I said as I started for the door. " It's not a date. It's just lunch. "

She followed me and rolled her eyes heavenwards.

" When will you ever learn, " she said in an exasperated voice. " If a man professed his feelings for you and asked you out for a meal, it's a freaking date. "

I gave her a dismissive wave and stepped out of my front porch.

That's when I saw Chang Wook standing by the driver's door, wearing a black t-shirt, his eyes covered in a pair of dark sunglasses and his head covered in a black baseball cap.

He waved when he saw me, his mouth forming into a smile.

I smiled at him and started for the gate. I was just letting myself out when I heard Rachel's voice behind me.