RECOVERED

ANNE

" You're alright, you're alright, " I heard Rachel say for the umpth time that minute. " You're alright."

If my world wasn't spinning, I would have slapped her on the forehead to put some sense into her.

" I'm fine, Rach. " I muttered through my oxygen mask. " But you're giving me a headache. "

The two nurses inside the room chuckled.

" Hey, " Rachel said in mock anger. " You almost died and was unconscious for six days! We were worried sick about you."

Almost died.

Her words echoed in my head. When I woke up a few minutes ago, I actually thought I've died. With the white hospital walls and white furniture, I actually thought I was in heaven. But when I heard Rachel's high pitched voice, I knew heaven sounded too good to be true.

" Where is she?! What happened?! "

I saw Jake practically running from the door to my bed. His face was etched with worry and relief.

" Anne, " he breathed and before anyone can stop him, he grabbed me from the bed and engulfed me in a tight embrace. " You're awake. "

It was a good thing to be wearing an oxygen mask. The way Jake was crushing me, I'm sure I would have fainted from lack of air had I not been wearing one.

" J-Jake, " I said feebly, feeling dizzier.

He quickly let go of me but held me by the shoulders.

" Don't you ever do that again! " He said sternly as he put on his older cousin act.

If my world wasn't spinning, I would have rolled my eyes at him.

It's not like I wanted to get stranded in a cave and catch hypothermia.

" You scared me, " he said, more gently this time. " When they were carrying you out of that cave, I thought you were..."

His voice trailed off.

The door in my room burst open and I saw Jang and Lianne rushing towards my bed. They looked relieved the second that they saw me.

" Wh-what happened? " I croaked as I looked at all of them in bewilderment.

Why was Jang and Lianne in there? Better yet, why was three of Spotlight's HODs in my room at that moment?

It was one thing to have Jake organized a search party. He was my cousin after all. I was, somehow, his responsibility. But to have Jake's business partner and head of public relations in my hospital room was another thing. 

Seeing confusion in my eyes, Lianne quickly filled me in with everything that has happened; from our disappearance, Jake's arrival in Jeju, the search parties, the rescue mission inside the cave, the trip to the hospital, the wait while we were in the emergency room, the media speculations. She didn't leave anything out.

Something got stuck in my throat when I heard everything that happened. I darted a look at my cousin who has his jaw clenched tightly. 

He must have been worried. He must have thought I was dead.

I swallowed hard as I looked at all their concerned faces. 

I thought I was going to die, too.

" So don't say we're overreacting, " Rachel added as soon as Lianne finished talking. " because it's not everyday that your best friend goes missing and comes back unconscious for days!"