THREATS

JI CHANG WOOK

" It's either you moved things the day after tomorrow or you can rework my schedule so I can attend some of her commitments, " I told Megan in a firm voice.

Megan looked at me in exasperation. " There's no way we can move your schedule around. It will be chaos if we try to delay any of it for even an hour. That's out of the question."

I folded my arms across my chest as I glared at Megan from across the conference table. " There's no way that she's leaving the hotel tomorrow. She needs to rest. Doctor's orders. "

I shot Yeung Doo a glance, waiting for his reconfirmation.

The young doctor nodded his head in agreement. " She may look better now but I would prefer if she rests for another day before we ask her to go back to work. "

" We've already postponed everything for a day, " Megan argued as she shook her head. "
We still have a few other towns to go to. We can't afford to waste more time. "

" What we can't afford is for her to get a relapse all because we can't give her one more day to recuperate, "  Daniel chimed in, coming to Anne's defense.

The PR specialist pinched her nose as she weighed the options presented to her; not that she had an option in the first place.

There was no force on earth that was going to make me usher Anne out of the hotel tomorrow so she can do the mall tours that were originally scheduled today.

She needed to rest, at least for one more day. That was all that I was asking Megan. One day, not one week.

" Imagine what Jake will say if he found out his cousin was forced to work despite her condition, " Riwa said airily.

The mention of our CEO's name was the final nail in the in the coffin and Megan shot Anne's talent manager a look of distaste.

As much as I can help it, I didn't want to flaunt that card to Megan. But I was ready to use my girlfriend's bureaucratic influence should diplomacy fail to talk some sense into Lianne's assistant manager.

I was relieved that I didn't have to be the one to use that card. I thought as I shot Riwa a grateful glance.

If those words came out of my mouth instead of Riwa's, I would immediately be accused of getting my personal life get in the way of my professional life. Which was something that I couldn't really deny because the boyfriend in me will never allow Anne to cut her recuperation short just because we can't afford to waste time.

Megan let out a ragged breath as she stared at the four us. " Lianne is going drill my head with this decision. "

" She will, " I agreed. " But it's all for the best. One more day of delay isn't going to hurt the show. "

Megan shook her head at me. " You have no idea of the nightmare this delay has caused my team, Chang Wook. "

I opened my mouth to retort when the conference room door was pushed open. The words got stuck in my throat when I saw Anne come through the frosted glass door.

" Anne, " Riwa said in alarm when she saw her. " What are you doing here? "

She was still sleeping when I left her in bed over an hour ago. We made love the entire afternoon and I was still blown away at how wonderful that felt. She was soft and sweet and I just couldn't wrap my head on how amazing she felt against me.

She had changed into a pair of dark jeans and thick beige sweater and I couldn't help but notice how sexy she still looked in that baggy jumper.

She looked at Riwa and then her eyes landed on me. I could see her eyes twinkle as she held my gaze. I could almost guess what she was thinking.