PHONE CALL

JI CHANG WOOK

I flipped the remote control in my hand and quickly switched channels. Not being able to find something that I want to watch, I turned the TV off. I laid down on the couch and went back to staring at the ceiling.

It has been four days since they've found us in that deserted highway during the rainstorm, three days since we've finished the photo shoot, two days since we've all been back in Seoul.

My plans on sleeping through the break didn't happen. I've been up since the day that we were bound to fly back home. I had not slept a wink since then and it looked like my brain wouldn't let me get a shut-eye today either.

My mind wouldn't stop thinking about her. All my thoughts these days were zeroed in on her. And it was driving me close to insanity.

I cursed loudly, annoyed with myself.

As I rested my head against the beige throw pillow, I wondered, for a thousand times since the night that we got stranded in the car, if I made the right move of telling her how I feel.

I knew Anne was still trying to get over his ex boyfriend; with what happened in her previous relationship. Being cheated on wasn't something that you just get over after a night's sleep. It required a long process of healing, emotionally and psychologically. I should know, I've been there.

I was in university when my ex girlfriend of three years cheated on me with a guy from the track team. It hurt, alright. My heart was broken but it was my self-esteem that was crushed to pieces. But we were young then. When I stepped out into the real world, I realized that it was all puppy love and nothing more.

This wasn't the case for Anne. She loved the man. From what Rachel told me, they dated for seven years and had plans of getting married. She must have loved this man. And it must have really hurt to find out that he cheated on her.

I felt my hand balled into fists, as it always did, whenever I thought of that bastard two-timing her. I don't know why, but when it comes to her, my protective instincts just go haywire.

I groaned as I pushed a pillow on my face as if that action would muffle my thoughts. It didn't.

I've dated a lot of women in my life and even had a few relationships. But I've never wanted anyone as much as I wanted her. She has this pull on me that I couldn't resist. I'm drawn to her like a magnet and I can't do anything about it.

She must like me, right? My thoughts continued to torture me. I knew she said she did but she could have lied.

But Anne is the most honest person that I know, she couldn't have possibly lied about what she felt for me. And why would she lie anyway?

She felt something for me. I argued with my thoughts. I saw it in her eyes and felt it when she kissed me back. That couldn't have been an act. Or was it?

" Shit!" I shouted in frustration as I threw the pillow off my face.

Enough! I can't do this anymore.

" What is the matter with you? " I heard a male voice say.

I quickly sat up and saw Daniel looking at me in bewilderment, the pillow that I threw moments ago in his hand.

" You should have knocked, " I muttered eyeing my manager in annoyance.

Daniel chuckled and pointed to the den's widely open door. " I would have but it was open. "

I watched him placed the pillow on the two seater couch across me and sat down.

" What's wrong with you? " He raised an eyebrow. " You look like hell. "