From London To Cali. (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

The heavy British 4am rain poured down on us as we emptied out the last memories of our home. Locking doors, removing pictures, closing windows.  The infamous London Black Taxi Cab tooting it's horn indictating it's arrival. 

I groaned as I packed the last of my suitcases, tears streaming down my face. I'm leaving London, the city where I was brought to 4 years ago, the city i have grown to love, the city where the pain was caused.

But on the bright side, I'm moving back to my home , California.  It's been 4 years since I moved away from the sun and the beauty of LA and how can I forget my home girls? The girls I grew up with since I was a baby. I'm now 17, almost grown.

“Armani, come on the cab is waiting” My mother shouted from downstairs

I took one last glance at my old room and dragged all four, yes four, suitcases down the stairs where my family awaited. The cab man took my bags and we all jumped into the car. As we pulled away, my eyes started to water.

“Why you crying, man up” Jayden my 14year old brother snarled.

 “Why you crying, man up” I mimicked him in his stupid little voice.

“Don’t start you two” My mother shouted and her being a black mother we shut our mouths instantly.

I looked over at my distraught mother, tears in her eyes as my dad comforted her.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked down at my brother.

My iPhone buzzed and I looked down to see multiple texts.

‘I'm going to miss you so much, Armani.

Tia

‘You better holla at me with them sexy American girls numbers you know, I see them on Tumblr so don't try lie to me Bighead!

Jaylen

‘Ima miss you chickaa :( never forget us, your English girls, text me when you reach, have a safe flight babe:*’

Kyra

I love you, Princess

Romario

The last text had me damn close to tears…Romario my baby… I'm going to miss him. Instead of crying I plugged my earphones in and tried to drown out my thoughts but the lyrics of every song I listened reminded me of exactly what I was trying forget. I fell asleep soon drifting into a sweet slumber

We soon reached the airport and checked in. Just as I touched duty free I got 1 new text from an unrecognisable number.

‘OMG GIRL YOU COMING BACK, WE MISSED YO ASS SO MUCH, ME , CHLOE, DAYDAY,JULIAN, SHITS BEEN CRAZY , GOT SO MUCH TO TELL YO OLD ENGLISH ASS.’

Tiasha

 My ride or die! She texted me knowing it would cost her enough money. I love that girl so much. Getting that text just made me more 10x excited to get to the US.

Our flight was called and we headed towards the plane, I saw my reflection in passing mirrors

Although it was early, I was feeling myself. I looked good, why am I gonna lie to myself? Eventually, we got on the plane and I sat next to Jayden, knowing he will be bugging me throughout the whole flight.