𝟐𝟔

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

The cold reality that Legosi refused to believed seemed to be chasing after him. No matter how much he moved his feet, no matter how fast he lunged himself forward there was nothing in front of him. No trace left behind of the [h/c] haired girl he wished to both see and touch again.

'No'

He spoke to himself, refusing to accept that she could be gone until someone had told it to him. Until he was face to face with her dead body there was always going to be hope that she's still there. And, if not, he'd just blame himself for everything that's happened.

After all, to him, if he had just been faster in trying to catch her she would be with him. If he had just lunged forward instead of slowly pushing himself into a sprint she'd be there in his arms. Everything was because of him. There was no doubt that the familiar deer would think the same as well.

'It's all- it's all my fault!'

Anger bubbled up inside the carnivore. And, for a moment, he had to stop and look at his reflection in a small window. His eyes turned the ruby hue that they had the night he assaulted the human. The night that seemed to start everything that happened between the two of them.

'There's no way I...'

The reflection that stared back at him wasn't himself. It wasn't the Legosi that had shared all the good and bad times with everyone in the drama club. This wasn't the man in which he wished to be either, in fact it seemed like the opposite.

This only leading to his brain beginning to work against him. Could this possibly be the same thing that Gouhin was warning him about? Getting so worked up over [F/n] was normal, but why exactly was he getting worked up? Was it really because she was in danger...or just because he wasn't able to carve her skin with his own teeth first.

'I don't want this...t-this isn't, this isn't me'

As if two sides began fighting one another the two parts of the wolfs brain went at each other. One speaking to him with compassion, telling him that he truly is in love with this girl. Pushing forward is just what he needs to do. He needs to fight for it.