Valiant Pt 1

Valiant:

Me, Merlin and Arthur were at the training grounds

Me, Merlin and Arthur were at the training grounds. Arthur made Merlin wear some armour because he had to practice for the tournament. I stood off to the side because as a woman i'm not allowed to help fight, but honestly I think woman should be allowed to fight especially if there defending there homeland. I'm a fighter but I am more of a healer so I would be the one off the battlefield tending to the wounds of others. Merlin holds a wooden shield in his hand and in the other a sword to protect himself but he still looked scared out of his pants.

" Ready?" Arthur asks Merlin, like he evened cared.

"Would it make any difference if I said no?" Merlin responded putting the shield to his face preparing for impact.

"Not really." Arthur attacks Merlin.

" Shield, Body, Shield, Body, " Arthur repeated to Merlin while hitting him. Poor Merlin looked so defenseless he took every hit and acted like he got hit with gun shots.

" Head."

" Head , ow!" Merlin groaned.

"Come on, Merlin. You're not even trying."

" I know. Ah!" Arthur hits him again.

" Ow! Ow! Ow!" Merlin kept repeating each hit.

" Come on Merlin I have a tournament to win." Arthur hits him on the head and Merlin fell onto the ground his helmet falling off. I go over and lift Merlin's head off the ground, he really looked out of it.

" Is it over?" Merlin asks looking at me but he looked at me weirdly like he saw more than one of me.

"You're braver than you look. Most servants collapse after the first blow." Arthur compliments, well at least what he thinks is a compliment.

" Um, is he done? He's kind of out of it." I tell the prince but he just smirks.

"That was just a warm up. How's your mace work coming along?" I had a feeling it would be a long day.

******************

Me and Merlin were back in the Physicians chambers, my arms a little sore from carrying all that armour but I didn't have half as bad as Merlin.

" So, how was your first day as Arthur's servants?" Gauis asks us.

" Not too bad but Merlin over here....." I trailed off, sitting at the table.

" Do you here clanging? " Merlin interrupts touching his head sitting down next to me and Gauis starts rubbing his shoulders.

"Ah! It was horrible. Ahh, and we still got to learn all about tournament etiquette by the morning." Merlin complains to Gauis as Gauis rubbed his shoulders making him groan in pain.

"onhríne achtung bregdan." I say a spell and the book about armory slides over to me and opens up. I've been reading the spell book a lot and I have learned many spells.