The Beginning Of The End Pt 1

Mordred:

Merlin has been a little touchy lately, not that I mind

Merlin has been a little touchy lately, not that I mind. But he was extremely touchy around Arthur. Around Arthur he would put his arm around my shoulder or stay very close to me or whisper in my ear and grab my hand. Did Merlin know about Me and Arthur's kiss? I wonder if he does know. Arthur hasn't tried anything with me lately, since I told him he should get over me but If I ever was alone, without Merlin, he would get close to me or say a compliment. Arthur didn't really notice Merlin's gestures towards me, he just thought of us as close friends. Arthur would always be oblivious to everything. I didn't know what to do, I wanted to tell Merlin how much I really liked him but I didn't want to hurt Arthur. I just have to let this play out because making a decision myself was too difficult.

Currently, Merlin and I were walking hand and hand down the central corridor. Right now, Camelot's Guards were everywhere trying to find a young boy and his father since they had magic. That little boy was Mordred. I had a big decision to make, should I let him be caught or should Merlin and I help him? I couldn't let myself think that I let a little boy die. But if he lives then in the future he was going to kill Arthur.

" You Alright Abs? You look like your thinking hard" Merlin brings me out of my thoughts, he gave me a look of concern.

" Yeah I'm fine, but Merlin today is going to be hectic." I admit not telling him the full details, knowing there could be severe consequences if I did tell him.

He scrunched his eyebrows," What do you-"

" Help!" Merlin was interrupted by a cry of help, though I did not hear it out loud. It was in my head.

Merlin widened his eyes, " Abby... Did you hear that?"

I nod my head nervously, I thought Merlin was suppose to be the only one to hear him, not me.

I pointed to my head," But not out loud, in my-"

" Head," he finishes my sentence. Merlin grabs my arm, pulling me around with him as we looked frantically for the source of the voice. We eventually ended up in the square, we looked around,  but then we saw Mordred sitting by a stone edge looking straight at us, with his piercing green eyes.

" Please. You guys have to help me." I hear his voice once again ,echoing in my mind. I looked back at the boy, he was innocent and didn't deserve to die. He was just a little boy, no danger to anyone right now. I made my decision, I was not going to let him die.

" Search in there. Take the other side. You, did you see a boy run in here?" The Guards were running around still searching, asking the people if they saw him.

"They're searching for me." Mordred tells us through telepathy.

" Why are they after you?" Merlin questions him through telepathy, it was weird that I could hear Merlin also in my mind, we could have done this the whole time!

" They're going to kill me." Mordred's voice wavered in my mind. My heart shattered for the boy, he didn't deserve to die no matter what he was.

" Guards! In here!" Somebody told the Guards, the Guards search near Mordred's hiding spot. Merlin and I ran over to the side door, the servants entrance, and nodded towards Mordred.

" This way. Run. Run!" I shouted through my mind. Mordred looked back and forth before running across the street to us, holding what seemed his injured arm. Once he got to us, he buried himself into my arms.

"Hey. There he is! Alert the rest of the guards!" The guards must of saw Mordred run across. We quickly ran trying to get as far away from the guards. I held onto Mordred hand, making sure he caught up to speed with Merlin and I. We ran up the Griffin staircase, the guards were getting closer.

" In there. Quick, down there. We've got em." I heard one of the Guards say. Not knowing what to do Merlin opened Morgana's door, quickly shutting it once we got inside.

" Abby! Merlin! Have you two forgotten how to knock." Morgana exclaimed with wide eyes.

"The guards are after him. We didn't know what to do." I explain to her. She looked at Mordred sympathetically.

" My lady, My lady." The Guards were knocking on Morgana's door.

Morgana took a deep breath before looking at Mordred with sad eyes. " In there." She pointed to her curtain, where she changes behind.

We hid behind the curtain squatting down on the ground as a guard came in. Mordred collapsed into my arms. His wound looked extremely bad, I would try and do magic but Morgana was here. And Merlin and I were not the best Physicians.

" I'm sorry to disturb you, My Lady" The guard apologized.

"We're searching for a young Druid boy. We believe he came this way."

"I haven't seen anyone. It's just me and my maid." Morgana said. Her voice didn't even sound nervous, Gwen wasn't even here, she was a good liar.

"Best keep the door locked till we find him." The Guard suggested.

" Of course. Thank you." She curtised. I heard the door shut. Morgana came in behind the curtain to check on Mordred. She saw him and gasped, Merlin and I were covered in Mordred's blood.

********************

Later on in the day, Merlin, I and Morgana were watching Mordred's father being executed outside her window. Mordred was resting, but he was awake. I didn't think he could sleep knowing his father was going to die. I held Merlin's hand, I really didn't like executions. He squeezed my hand a little tightly, he didn't like executions either.

"People of Camelot, the man before you is guilty of using enchantments and magic. Under our law, the sentence for this crime is death. We're still searching for his accomplice. Anyone found harbouring the boy is guilty of conspiracy, and will be executed as a traitor. Let this serve as a warning to your people." Uther announced in authority. Arthur stood beside his father looking at the situation with no emotion.

"You have let your fear of magic turn to hate. I pity you." Cenderd spat ( Mordred's father.) I pitied Uther to, his burning hatred towards magic causes him to act blindly in these type of situations.

"I can't watch this." Morgana left her window, she sat and the floor and cradled Mordred. She was getting attached to Mordred, I didn't blame her. He was just a young sorcerer that has been hunted all his life just because of who he is. It wasn't fair.

Uther signaled the guards to execute him. I flinched once I saw the knife hit his neck.

"No!" Merlin and I covered our ears from Mordred's piercing scream that rattled my brain, even though it was in my head it felt like it was an actual scream that you said out loud. From his scream Morgana's windows shattered. I hid in Merlin's chest to get away from the broken glass. I looked up at Merlin, he caressed my hair. Holding me in a protective manner. I smiled as he slightly blushed at our position. I don't know what I would do without Merlin.