The Poison Chalice Pt 1

Nimueh:

Everyone in the throne room were tensed

Everyone in the throne room were tensed. Today was the arrival of Lord Bayard of Mercia. I was standing with Arthur and Merlin, everyone was quiet, the knights, the other servants, even King Uther.

Then Bayard and his men and also servants entered to meet Uther and his Men. Both Kings looked very intimidating. King Uther and Lord Bayard stared each other down both tried looking intimidating towards one another, I thought it was a close match. One of the servants in Bayard's group caught my eye, she didn't really look like a servant. She was dressed like one but she had milky white skin and blue eyes like the ocean, she looked more of someone of royalty. I try to think back on this episode and why she seemed so familiar.

But then it hit me, Nimueh. I have to try and keep Merlin away from her or he will end up poisoned, but then how will this episode go, my destiny was so confusing.

"Camelot welcomes you, Lord Bayard of Mercia. The treaty we sign today marks and end to war and a beginning to a new friendship between our people." Uther and Lord Bayard grasps arms as everyone, including me, applauded. I can see Nimueh stare at Me and Merlin with a smirk on her face but turns her head when she notices that I saw her.

*********************************************

"Why do we always get landed with the donkey work?" Merlin complained to Gauis and me as me and him were carrying baskets of Arthur's clothes and some of the guests from Mercia.

"You're both servants. It's what you do." Gauis responded.

" I think ours arms will be a foot longer by the time we get this lot inside." I joked. I thought about what I just said for a second. I just used the word 'lot', which I never had before I think this place and how they speak is growing on me.

"It's character building. As the old proverb says, hard work breeds...a harder soul." Gauis obviously made up.

Me and Merlin looked at Gauis confused,"There is no way that's a proverb. You just made that up." Merlin scoffed.

"No. I didn't." We kept walking until Nimueh falls in front of Merlin, dropping some of the stuff that she was carrying.

" Sorry," She apologizes.

"It's alright. Let me give you a hand with that." Merlin crouches down to help but then both stare into each other's eyes. It made me feel a pang a jealousy the way he looked at her but I did have to admit she was very beautiful.

They stand up, "Hi, I'm Merlin." Merlin puts out his hand to shake.

She shakes his hand," Cara." She looks at me for my name " Abby." I answer her bluntly.

" You two must be Arthur's servants. It must be an honor." I almost snorted at the act she was playing.

" Yeah if you call washing his dirty socks a honor." I responded honestly. I must play along for now, even if I want to so badly punch her in the face.