63-64

Chapter 63: It's important to escape.

The night is dark and the wind is blowing coldly.

It was almost midnight, and there was a burned-out fire at the door of every house. When passing by, there was a smell of burnt firewood, sometimes mixed with half a piece of unburned yellow paper.

Lian Yu and the others didn't understand what kind of custom this was. They crossed the black ashes and rushed towards the long street.

The long street was extremely lively. Fireworks were set off at the entrance of every shop to pray for prosperous business in the coming year.

There are one or two small shops, and several rows of large shops are arranged in a grand manner, occupying half of the street.

The guys took a long thin stick with a flame on the front and quietly lit one after another.

As soon as the sparks scattered across the sky, the crowd of onlookers shouted and admired.

The long street is crowded with adults and children who come out to watch the fireworks for the New Year.

Lian Yu and the others were sneaking in and out of the crowd, looking here and there, completely integrated into the joyful festival atmosphere.

Walking and looking all the way, unknowingly, a few people have reached the end of the long street and walked out of the crowd.

A dark and tall silhouette ahead, as majestic as a mountain, with a solitary lamp hanging on the dark shadow.

The lamp was a kerosene lamp, emitting a yellow halo, which illuminated not far away, revealing a city defender wearing armor.

It turned out that they had run wildly without any purpose and had actually reached the South City Gate.

There was another burst of brilliant fireworks in the night sky behind her. Lian Yu looked at the tall tower in front of her, her eyes lit up, and she turned back to the people behind her and said, "Let's go to the tower to watch the fireworks and take in the whole city. It's a lot of fun."

After saying that, without waiting for a response from the people behind her, she ran towards the city defender under the dim light, who she knew.

Seeing this, he first said a bunch of auspicious words for the New Year, and then said with concern: "Brother Li, are you the only one guarding the city gate tonight?"

Li Rong smiled and said: "Well, it's New Year, everyone. We all want to have a good time, and there is nothing important to do. It's just that I can guard it by myself."

Lian Yu looked up at the dark tower and asked, "We want to go to the tower to watch the fireworks. , is it okay?"

Li Rong said with a smile: "Others can't, but Miss Lian is an acquaintance of ours. As for this request, I, Mr. Li, still have the final say." "Let's go, I'll

open the door for you. ." As he said that, he took out a hanging brass key from his waist and walked towards a small door at the edge illuminated by the light.

Lian Yu looked in the direction he came from, shouted to the three people standing there, waved, and then approached the small door.

With a "click" sound, the door lock opened. Li Rong pushed the small wooden door open, took an oil lamp from behind the door, lit it with a fire stick and handed it to Lian Yu, saying: "The stairs are narrow, Miss Lian, pay attention to your steps." ."

Lian Yu pinched a dime of silver from her purse and stuffed it into Li Rong's hand, and said with a smile: "I came out in a hurry and didn't bring any wine with me. Brother Li, let me buy some wine to drink and warm myself up while on duty at night." "