181-182

Chapter 181 Invite General Duan on his way

The loyal army was in a desperate situation and had no choice. Chen Qi was silent for a long time, and finally nodded and joined Xiao Jiyue's command.

When the military order reached Canghui Mountain, Zhang Rong and Feishuang immediately led the team to secretly cross the border and enter northern Henan.

The wind blows, the war drums thunder, and the flags flutter.

Chen Qi led five thousand elite troops to attack the Hedong Army camp.

Xiang Jingyuan immediately organized his troops to fight, and the two armies fought together. Suddenly, the shouts of killing started again from the rear, and an army rushed towards them from afar, with their flags fluttering in the wind and a huge Chinese character "Duan" embroidered on them.

Reinforcements had arrived, and the Hedong Army was excited and fought harder. They also changed formations while killing, and induced the enemy troops to move closer to the reinforcements without leaving any trace.

The Zhongyi Army under Chen Qi was blocked on the left and intercepted on the right, and gradually fell into a pincer attack between the two armies.

Seeing that the "Duan" Army was about to form a blockade with the Hedong Army, the "Duan" Army who suddenly came to support divided into two teams from the middle, outflanked the Zhongyi Army on both sides, and attacked the Hedong Army on the left and right. Together with the Zhongyi Army led by Chen Qi, a three-party encirclement was formed against the Hedong Army.

The Hedong army was furious and cursed at Jingyuan: "You traitor Duan Mao, how dare you bully me."

However, his anger at this time could not relieve the immediate crisis. He immediately ordered a retreat, led his guards to select a weak area, and rushed out.

The two teams of the "Duan" character army merged into one and were chasing after them. This team was disguised as the Huainan Army led by Zhang Rong.

The two armies ran towards Hedong territory one after the other and disappeared in the vast smoke in the blink of an eye.

Chen Qi ordered his subordinates to throw away the flags and war drums, take off the clothes and armor from the corpses of the Hedong Army, and put them on, pretending to look like a defeated general with a remnant army, and fled in a disorderly manner toward Duan Mao's garrison. .

When Chen Qi sent out troops, he raised high flags and beat war drums. The news had already reached Duan Mao's ears.

Duan Mao led 20,000 troops to the aid of the Hedong Army, vowing to cut off Chen Qi's head with his own hands to vent his hatred.

Encountering an ambush on the way, they were blocked and entangled by the loyal army led by Xiao Jiyue and Lao Huang.

Duan Mao attacked, and the Zhongyi Army retreated. As he moved forward, the Zhongyi Army sneaked up and pursued him. They went back and forth several times, but the battle didn't start much, but they were stumbling.

Duan Mao was very angry, knowing that this was Chen Qi's conspiracy, and guessed that he wanted to break it up.

We couldn't give him this chance. If the Hedong Army was defeated, Xiang Ji was afraid that he would be suspicious of him. The future would be difficult, so he made a decisive decision to leave 30% of his troops to fight with the Zhongyi Army and lead a large group of men and horses to the front line.

Just a mile away, I saw soldiers wearing Hedong Army uniforms scattered on the ground and running towards this side. The person in front was still carrying a military flag with one corner burned off.