173-174

Chapter 173 Marriage Grant

Henan Road, Suzhou City.

In the official room of the government office, Miao Xiaoquan was holding a book in his hand and leaning on the low couch in front of the window. The book was a chess score. There was a chessboard in front of him, with a few black and white chess pieces scattered on the chessboard.

He read a book for a while, and then played with the chess pieces twice in front of the chessboard. His posture was very leisurely, with a calmness of strategizing.

"Gudu, Gudu"

The sound of water sounded, and the governor Liu Jian, who was huddled on a low stool, immediately picked up the small copper pot from the red peat stove and poured the boiling water inside into the purple clay pot on the tea tray in front of him.

The tea leaves poured with hot water rolled in the water and unfolded the curled branches and leaves. The strong aroma suddenly filled the room with the rising mist.

Next to the small table, staff member Wen Jun, who was sorting out official documents, raised his head, sniffed the air gently, and said with a smile: "It smells so good. We only have to follow Commander-in-Chief to smell such good things."

Liu Jian brewed a cup, stood up, and respectfully placed it on the small table in Miao Xiaoquan's hand. He said with a flattering smile, "Only a tea as good as Wushanjian is worthy of a chaste and handsome demeanor."

Miao Xiaoquan's lips curled up slightly and he said, "You guys should also try it together."

"Then, my subordinate, I will shamelessly indulge in the glory of the commander-in-chief and have a taste." Liu Jian went back, poured a glass, and put it on Wenjun's table first, then poured another one and put it on his own. He put it under his nose and smelled it intoxicatedly.

Miao Xiaoquan put down the book in his hand, picked up the tea cup, took a sip, and asked: "How many days has it been? Wei Si should take action."

Wen Jun put down the pen in his hand, counted with his fingers, and replied: "It's time to live. If everything goes well, I should have started yesterday."

"Twenty taels of silver, one life. Alas, it's really not cheap." Miao Xiaoquan sighed, "I don't know how they are doing."

"I guess Thief Chen looks at everyone like a spy now, and is very panicked." Liu Jian said with a smile, "He never thought that Wei Si's people committed suicide. Commander Ji's plan was really brilliant. "

It turns out that this time, they sent Wei Si to Zhezhou not to discuss cooperation at all, but to disrupt the enemy's military morale from within. This was how the two guards had a specious conversation.

Chen Qi's army is already a mixed bag, and it is much easier to use a small plan to disintegrate it from the inside than to attack hard from the outside.

If the alienation plan between the two guards is completed, the rebel army will inevitably become disorganized and torn apart from within. If they failed and the three of them died, Chen Qi would be in a state of uneasy mood and vigorously screen out spies, making the soldiers uneasy.

Wen Jun complimented: "Just three people can withstand ten thousand armies. Their talents as commanders are as good as those of military sages."

Miao Xiaoquan looked at the interlaced black and white chess pieces on the chessboard on the table, and felt quite proud after hearing these compliments.

At this time, there was a knock on the door, and an impatient voice sounded outside the door, "Commander, please report urgently."

Miao Xiaoquan's eyebrows furrowed in disgust, he looked at the door, took a deep breath, and then said, "Come in."