67-68

Chapter 67: Arrow Injury

As soon as the three people entered the mountains and forests, they disappeared like mud cows into the sea.

Fengting did not send anyone to pursue him, and Liao Liao's remaining troops were defeated, so there was no value in pursuit.

What they are seeking in this war is money and people, not even this city, but this land.

Fengting ordered the remaining 100 or so soldiers outside the city gate to enter the city and close the city gate.

At this point, the Sifang City Gate has been locked, and Yazhou City has completely fallen into the hands of Nanzhao, who burned, killed, looted, and could only be harvested.

This is Yang Tingyi's purpose.

When he first ascended the throne, the court was unstable, and because of his bloody methods and excessive killings, and for many reasons such as his improper access to the throne, there was strong opposition from all over the Nanzhao Kingdom.

Raising troops abroad is just one of his means to break the situation.

The first purpose of raiding Yazhou is to divert domestic conflicts. Create a common enemy, and then work together to deal with the outside world.

The second is to plunder food and property, plunder human power and make them slaves, enrich the country and the people, lure them with benefits, and pacify the internal affairs of the country.

This road is very wild. If you don't play well, the boat will capsize and people will die. Which ruler will not choose to be stable? The way to make progress? Who would have thought that such a person who has been unknown for many years because of his illness is actually a walker? Blade's Gambler.

Now, he has won this first raid.

After dawn, more people from Nanzhao will come to take over Yazhou City, and then transport the property and food seized in the city back to Nanzhao as quickly as possible.

The people stranded in the city will also be sent to Nanzhao as slaves.

Within the city walls, fires were burning and screams continued. Outside the city wall is the deep night and silence.

Feng Ting led his men and horses to loot and loot in the city, while Lian Yu followed the two of them as they trudged forward in the mountains and forests.

One city gate, two worlds.

The clear moonlight shone sparsely from the gaps between the tree crowns, barely illuminating the mountain road below.

The mountain road is rugged and the bushes are lush. Lian Yu and the three of them are walking in the messy and dark deep forest.

After running two miles, Lian Yu heard that there was no pursuer behind her, so the three of them slowed down and headed in the opposite direction to Yazhou City.

While Meng Zeshen was walking forward, he felt unsteady for a moment and groaned, holding on to the tree trunk next to him.

Lian Yu's eyes swept towards his feet, and then he discovered that there was an arrow stuck in his thigh. The tail of the arrow had been broken off, and only a small section of the arrow shaft was exposed.

This part was originally hidden under his robe, but because he just tilted his body and used his legs to support it, it was exposed.

Lian Yu said in surprise: "Cousin, your legs." He raised his head and looked eagerly at Meng Zeshen's face.

Before I could see his face, I first saw the arrow shaft on his shoulder blade. This part was skewed and almost completely submerged in the body, and it was almost impossible to distinguish it.