Chapter 10

The ground trembled.

Disintegrated.

Burned.

Deika city would never be the same after this incident, but even with that thought, neither side backed down, not even the Liberation Army.

Midoriya walked out of the alley, energy sparking off him in huge amounts, covering him with a whole layer of natural energy, with sparks zapping out of the shield and zapping anyone who got too close.

He could see the wave of disintegration that went through the city, the blue fire burning everything in its way, the hundreds of Twices' coming at the soldiers in a personally made army of clones...Those were all his comrades.

"Guess 'Plus Ultra' isn't too bad of a slogan after all, UA." Midoriya snickered to himself as he wiped the blood of his mask's lenses that had accidentally splashed onto him after a female with an invisible quirk jumped on him, turning off her quirk and giving him just enough time to kill her.

Midoriya knew what was going on with his quirk, and yet he felt awfully calm. The quirk buzzed through his veins, and Midoriya knew that what was happening wasn't a panic-induced quirk upgrade, or whatever they call it, but instead, he released the amount of energy he had unconsciously been holding back, and let it take over without fear.

After all, right then and there, he couldn't care less about the people he murdered.

Midoriya dragged his foot backwards as he focused energy on his legs, feeling when they were being overwhelmed and stopping before he felt like they might snap. Turning forwards, he aimed himself at the tower, and with a few final sparks hitting and shocking the soldiers around him, he leaped towards the tower.

Midoriya quickly twisted himself in the air, his feet bended and aiming forwards and his hands protecting his head, and not even a second later, the glass of the tower he was aiming at shattered beneath his feet. Midoriya felt himself hit a wall, and quickly absorbed the energy of the impact, letting only a small crack form on the wall. He jumped off the wall and onto the ground, before scanning the room, his eyes landing on the slightly surprised man sitting on beside a table, a glass of wine in his hand.

And besides him was the well known Giran, tied up to a chair with a muffler in his mouth, and all fingers on one of his hand gone.

"Oh? I'm surprised you managed to get by all the security. But seeing as your quirks seems to be something related to speed, I suppose it makes sense." Midoriya hasn't heard the man on the phone's real voice, but he didn't have to to know who the man in front of him was.

"Re-Destro." Midoriya growled angrily at the man. Re-Destro smiled at the man, putting his glass down on the table as he stood up.

"Indeed! I still don't know you're name though, but I suppose you're the one who answered Bubaigawara's phone when I called?" Midoriya didn't respond as he glanced at Giran, who was side-eyeing him with a look of relief and shock, a streak of sweat rolling down his forehead as he breathed heavily from behind the muffler.

"I don't wish to fight," Midoriya lied as he straightened from his fighting stance. Obviously he wanted to fight; he wanted to tear the man apart, but was that really considered fighting? "The League of Villains want to take out associate back. We still have things we haven't finished, and I'm afraid you're dealing things even further."

Midoriya wasn't lying, since a lot of the League's costumes were either damaged or support items broken, and Giran was the only one the League trusted enough to make good quality goods for them, without leaking any information to the authorities either.