Chapter 17

The night wasn't over.

Midoriya knew that, despite himself feeling unstable. He knew that if someone sees him covered in blood with a knife in his hand, let along next to a dead body, he'd have to kill them too. That wasn't in his plans, and he wasn't going to make the situation any worse than it already was.

Midoriya took the knife out Uraraka's throat and began quickly contemplating on where to put it. He then ran a few seconds towards a random direction and dug a hole in the ground, a small one, but will do.

Shit...Shit... Midoriya shoved the knife sideways into the ground and put the dirt over it. The hole was too visible.

Who would randomly go digging! Even with people dying, that's too random. It'll be fine. Midoriya tried to assure himself as he ran back to Uraraka. He looked at the girls dead body, but his breath didn't hitch.

Maybe it still didn't sink in. Maybe the truth of his situation stopped him from feeling sorrow. Maybe he was prepared for this after all. Who knows?

Midoriya then felt something drip onto his nose. He looked up and saw a gray cloud in the sky, and rain beginning to come from it. Then it dawned on him.

"Perfect...This is perfect!" Midoriya laughed happily. No one will know that he didn't cry! And the dirt will look different, meaning no one would notice the strange looking patch of dirt!

Midoriya began to rub his eyes harshly for a few seconds, putting Uraraka down beforehand, and then picking her up again and starting to run despite his hazy vision. That way, it would look like his eyes were red from crying, and it would slow it more believable.

Midoriya knew that it was wrong.

He shouldn't be happy because of the rain just after his friend died. Just after he killed someone. As a matter of fact, he shouldn't have killed someone from the beginning. But right now, it was fine, it will be fine, he just had to...

Midoriya began to run , rubbing his hand against Urarkaa's back to gain energy from friction. This was going to be hard...But he was going to do it. Uraraka's death couldn't be in vain.

"Midori...ya..." Midoriya saw Kirishima and stopped and looked at him.

Yaoyarozu then gaped at the boy with the dead body in his hands, frightened and crying.

"Yaoyorozu! Uraraka! She...I found her like this...She's not breathing..." Midoriya sobbed. Though, to his surprise, it was real; it almost seemed that as soon as he saw his classmate his eyes actually teared up and his lip and voice began to tremble.

And he felt disgusted as he thought about the moment he stabbed her and hid the knife, but he couldn't let the truth slip. Her death can't be for nothing.

"No! We need to call an ambulance! Cops and Heroes for backup, we need help! And Bakugo! He was caught in by the marbles, I saw Todoroki try to get him from the villain!" Yaoyorozu began to speak in a hurry, sobbing and starting to cry.

"I...I don't think I can do it...I don't know what to do with this Midoriya..." Yaoyorozu began to cry, covering her face and trying to hide her panicked face.

"I don't either. And it's too late to help Uraraka now..." Midoriya said quietly, looking at Uraraka that looked like he was calmly sleeping on his chest, if not for the blood still leaking out. Midoriya took a deep breath and put her down slowly. He then stared at her for a long time before tightly shutting his eyes, gulping down his fear and grabbed Yaoyorozu by her hand.

"We need to help the others. Kacchan too. We can't let the villains have him." Midoriya stated. Yaoyorozu looked at Midoriya, stunned.

"I wish we would have time to mourn, but if we do right now we might have to do so again later, but for many more of our classmates." Midoriya took another deep breath and looked at Yaoyorozu with a wavering determined look. Thank goodness that was enough.