Chapter 9

"So..." Bakugo started, rubbing the back of his head as he felt a headache coming in from all the information, "You're saying that the bastard gave Deku some quirk, that now allows him to take over Deku? And that means that despite All for One being in prison, he'll be able to take over Deku's body through his mind without showing any signs or having to do anything physically?" Bakugo scoffed, but more in shock and fear that he hid behind a sarcastic smirk as his eyes shifted towards Midoriya.

"You're in deep shit, aren't you, you greedy bastard?"

"First of all, we're in deep shit, if you forgot." Dabi snarled, pointing an accusing finger at Bakugo at the nasty remark. Deku visibly cowered in shame. What else could he do? It was in fact greed that got him where he was now—if he hadn't been greedy enough to ask for a quirk, none of this would've been happening in the first place. "And second of all, if you're here simply to bully him again, you can leave. I suddenly don't mind All for One killing us if that means killing you as well anymore."

"Okay! I get it, asshole! We're deep in shit, and what the fuck am I supposed to do about that? What do you want from me?" Bakugo snapped back, hating the accusations thrown his way. He knew that bullying was wrong, especially now that he had more or less tamed himself, and he could feel the trigger those words held against him.

Looking back at what he'd done...No, he wouldn't. After all, this wasn't about him. Midoriya's the one who should be regretting things, not him.

Bakugo shifted his focus onto Midoriya, just barely managing to calm down the knot in his throat and the ache in his chest.

"It's a long shot, but we need info, we need action. We need to find out how All for One is using his quirk, maybe get him to take some suppressants under the reason that he's illegally using his quirk–"

"Wait. Stop right there. You're insane." Bakugo snorted humorlessly, a grim frown plastered on his face as he processed what Shigaraki was asking him. Shigaraki glared at him, narrowing his eyes in annoyance.

"What?"

"Don't 'what' me! Who the fuck do you think I am? I'm not a commissioner, I have nothing to do with them!"

"Well then find a way to get in touch." Dabi snarled, clenching his fists by his sides. Bakugo raised an eyebrow at that, baring his teeth slightly.

"I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm not a dog, and they're not fools. The second I start licking their toes, which I'm not going to do, they'll realize something is off. And I, unlike you, have a respectable job and ranking that I very much want to hold on to."

"I have close ties in the commission."

All the heads on the playground snapped towards the voice. A figure walked out from behind one of the trees—or, no, actually, walked right through it.

Bakugo gaped in stupor as he slowly raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"What are you doing here?"

"The least I can do to keep my loyalty is to make sure you're not doing anything against the Hero Commission and us heroes ourselves." Togata's dark blue eyes seemed dim in the dark, smile gone and stern seriousness on his face. "I wasn't about to let you go into this without supervision."

"Wow. I just..." Bakugo shook his head. This idiot. Did he really believe that he was going to be working with the League against the heroes? Those fuckers have attacked and almost killed him and his classmates more than once. It was a huge pain just being there, even for the greater good.

That's why he hated humanity. Most of them were idiots, no matter how smart they were told they were. Bakugo raised his hands in surrender.

"Do whatever. Fucking idiot." Bakugo simply stated, crossing his arms on his chest. Togata didn't reply.