Chapter 10

"Starting with you, successor of One for All."

Successor. One for All.

Bakugo didn't have to think too much to understand what that all meant, and that made it even worse.

He was surprised. He shouldn't be surprised, but he was, because it wasn't easy to simply understand something so, in reality, complicated. He didn't want to understand, though. Some part of him wanted to be left in the dark, but he knew there wasn't anything he could do to stop All for One. The other part of him, though, wanted to know, and wanted it badly. The indecisiveness made him shake with pent up anger and confusion.

Not like that meant All for One would give them a break and let them recover.

"And you, Dabi? A disgrace of the Todoroki family. Poor, mutilated, rejected by both family and quirk runaway. Villain. Murder. Your brother would not be proud of what you had become, wouldn't he?" Bakugo felt sick. His stomach twisted.

All for One wouldn't refer to some random Todoroki family out of nowhere. It made no sense. And therefore, Bakugo knew exactly who he was talking about.

He turned towards the villain.

"You're-?"

"And you, Katsuki Bakugo." Midoriya clicked his tongue. "What's that in your pocket?" In a flash, literally, Midoriya was at his side, hand in front of his face. The blurriness from the closeness confused him for a second, as well as the panic that overcame him from the villain being so close, but a whole different wave of terror overcame him as he realized what Midoriya was holding.

The anxiety medication.

Midoriya dropped it at his feet, and as if a sick joke, the small pill bottle tilted in a way that had the title of the medication clear to read to the other villains. Midoriya smirked at Bakugo, and Bakugo simply stood there, mouth slightly agape as he tried to breath.

Fuck.

Shigaraki clenched his fists as the others stood there in fright. All that fear they were feeling was almost being sucked out of them and morphing into expressions of horror on their faces, all for the sake of All for One's sadistic pleasure.

"Anxiety medication." Dabi said aloud, eyes lingering on the pill bottle before lifting towards Bakugo. Bakugo finally managed to close his mouth and grit his teeth tightly, a scowl that would've terrified anyone but the people with him appearing on his face.

He never knew that All for One could ruin him more than he did, and yet, here he was. In Midoriya's body at that, using Midoriya's voice in order to wreck him of all people. He knew about the bullying, he had to have somehow made the connection. He had to have known what this was making Bakugo feel.

All of that made it ten times worse, if that was even possible.

"And, now, what can I say about you, Tenko Shimura?" Shigaraki was shaking on the spot. The only thing holding him back from using his quirk was that All for One was too far away, and he would simply be kicked away with ease just like the number one hero. Who, as a matter of fact, was still half-sitting half-lying on the ground, paralyzed with terror, shock, and acknowledgement of the truth unraveled around them. "You," he pointed what seemed like an accusing finger at the blue-haired male.

"Are just as much of a lost child now as you were before. Everything I did to nurture you, thrown out of the window, burned to ashes, stepped on and left behind. I expected more of you. Especially after what I've done to help you recover from the pain you've felt, after you killed your family, after you wandered streets aimlessly and were kicked to the ground. After I was the only one who reached out to you." Midoriya outstretched his hand. Shigaraki's breath hitched. Something similar glinted in Midoriya's eyes, and Shigaraki could've sworn he could see the same glint he saw in All for One's eyes that day.