Chapter 18

It was a cold February day, and Class 1A, just like any other day, sat in their classroom as they listened to their teacher's lecture about heroics. Bakugo tapped his finger against the desk. Mina twirled her pencil in her hand. Mineta narrowed his eyes as he gazed at Hagakure. Midoriya...

Midoriya sat there, a student of Class 1A, a student of the hero course, a future hero. He listened to the lecture and smiled softly at his teacher, before scanning his classmates, the same warm smile not leaving his features. He let out a small sigh and picked up his pencil, and just like his other classmates, wrote notes that Aizawa told them to write to be able to study for the test. Just like any other classmate of his. He was the same as them, and he smiled at his teacher again as he continued to listen to the lecture. Midoriya sat there, the future hero, and waited.

Waited for it to all end with a bang.

***

"Midoriya, you seem to be in a pretty good mood today?" Todoroki noted as he slightly leaned towards Midoriya, having been sitting on the other side of the table across from him, with Asui sitting beside him. Midoriya smiled at them and shrugged, twirling his chopsticks in his hand as he continued to smile.

"I don't know. I guess I have a feeling something good is gonna happen today." Midoriya simply stated, before starting to eat, still seeming more distracted and happy than his friends were used to. Todoroki glanced at Asui, and Asui simply shrugged, resuming eating her own food as they both kept on sending glances towards the enthusiastic greenette.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the table, something similar was going on with Bakugo. Although, it was kind of the other way around...

"Bakugo, you're awfully quiet today. What's up with that?" Mina noted as she nudged Bakugo, before leaning forward to look Bakugo in the face. Kirishima and Sero nodded in agreement, and Bakugo simply glared at them before resuming eating his food, as if ignoring them. But the Bakusquad knew better than to write it off as a bad day, and to be honest, they were heavily alarmed by Bakugo's behavior.

"Bakubro, quit it. Really, what's up with you?" Kirishima pleaded quietly, leaning towards Bakugo as he searched his eyes. Bakugo's eyes met with his, and Bakugo narrowed his eyes, but suddenly, his eyes darted to the side, and Kirishima immediately looked there as well, desperate to find out what had Bakugo so...Different.

Midoriya had stood up, and smiled at his friends as he spoke before picking up his tray and waking away, the smile not leaving his face. Bakugo followed him with his gaze, and before Kirishima could ask him what was going on, Bakugo stood up abruptly, and snatched his tray as he followed Midoriya. Kirishima frowned as he watched Bakugo slow down, and as Midoriya placed his tray and walked away, he did the same, walking after him a few seconds later.

Before anyone could ask him what he was doing, Kirishima snatched his own tray, and after putting it away, hurried towards the same way the two teenagers have previously gone to.

***

Bakugo knew.

He knew all along, didn't he?

Because why else was Bakugo following him? It wasn't just by random chance, Midoriya could tell after his strange behaviour, as Iida noted, even more uncanny towards him. Midoriya wanted to worry; what if Bakugo told the teachers, and everyone knew about him being the traitor? What if the heroes already called the cops to arrest him? What if the found solid evidence against him? To Midoriya, none of that mattered. Because he knew it was only a matter of time, a matter of...5 minutes before it will begin.

His smile widened even more as he bowed his head, stopping in the middle of the corridor. He heard Bakugo take another step behind him, before stopping as well, confirming that he was following him.