Chapter 23

All for One knew everything.

He knew about the meeting that day. He knew about the strange encounter and the alignment with the League of Villains. He knew that Toga was found and sent into prison, and he knew that she was pregnant, too.

He also knew that he had to attack now, or else they would attack him first.

He didn't really like not having much preparation. He had wanted to attack them in a few months, actually. However, he knew that this was worth it, and that he would enjoy the view of raining blood as all the heroes who tried to attack him would be spent spiraling into despair. He had everything planned.

Now, he just had to begin.

***

Tsukauchi expected everything.

Well, not really, to be honest. He hadn't expected to ally himself with the villains, nor did he expect to have everyone doubt him, including the Hero Commission that still had him on the hook and angry. However, the last thing he expected was the letter he received, hand-written, to his doorstep after he had made his way from the conference.

He picked it up, but there was no sender address, no name, nothing. Just a blank, black envelope. He clutched it tighter and opened his door and stepped inside his apartment, glancing behind himself and quickly scanning for any pursuers (even though he knew it was too late, considering the letter had already arrived at his doorstep), before hurriedly closing the door behind him.

He didn't bother taking off his clothes or even kicking off his shoes as he ripped it open, careful not to damage it too much, and took out the letter.

It should've been a relief that there was a name at the bottom of a page, saying who it was written by, but it wasn't. Tsukauchi paled and re-read it again and again, trying to clear his vision.

"Shit. Shit, shit." Taking out his phone with shaky hands, he quickly searched up the Hero Commissions' chairman's phone number, and just in a few rings, the call had been answered, Tsukauchi's heart beating even harder than before.

"Hello, Mr. Tsukauchi. I see you've decided to start informing us of every small fact?" The old woman's voice sounded annoyed, but Tsukauchi couldn't care less at the moment.

"Ma'am, I'm afraid I have some information you will not be happy about." Tsukauchi said, reading the letter.

"Inform me."

"It's All for One." Tsukauchi clenched his phone and clutched the paper, just barely crumpling it before folding it quickly and putting it in his pocket, exiting his apartment with his phone still pressed against his ear. "He's sending us an invitation to battle, he says he's in Tokyo. He's prepared to attack. He wants the heroes to battle him tonight."

***

Bakugo sipped at his coffee, caffeine being the only thing keeping him awake. He honestly preferred another can of beer, but considering he knew that a battle was soon going to happen, he refrained from doing so. He rubbed his tired eyes, the buzz of the big city life getting on his nerves as he tried to soothe himself.

He didn't like the plan he was supposed to follow. Hell, for all he knew, he may not make it to the second step before he dies. There are so many flaws, so many unknowns, and if there was one thing he hated, it was being unable to correct them and being the dependent factor in this plan. The moment something changes, he has to get accustomed, and as good as he was when it came to that...He wasn't as good in his current situation.

He couldn't protect himself. The only thing he could do was pray that his few lessons he had about using gunfire were going to pay off tonight.

He looked out the window. The huge building he could see in the distance, only recently built, stood proudly in the middle of a populated district. Another factory, they said. A toy factory, as a matter of fact. Owned by a company that was sure to make profit and have a great future, the factory was built in Tokyo, already prepared to have thousands of people allowed to visit once it gets popular. Bakugo didn't know the details, and he didn't care.