Chapter 10

"You're awake, huh?" He heard an unfamiliar voice. Midoriya shivered and snapped out of this thoughts, concentrating on what was in front of him. His head and eyes hurt as his eyes were tired, and vision blurred.

"You may feel tired...You're body didn't try to reject the quirk though, it's just a side effect." Midoriya tried to understand where the voice was coming from, but he couldn't concentrate. His mind felt blank, and he could barely think.

"Anyways ... The quirk I gave you may be powerful, but by itself, it's small and manageable. It isn't the quirk I wanted to give you, I was just testing to see your reaction. I'll repeat all this again when you're in a better state, you seem completely out of it ... "Midoriya didn't respond. He breathed shallowly as he tried to concentrate on keeping conscious. 

"Rest. I'll assign Dabi to make sure you make it home. Do not worry, it's..."

***

"ku...uku...Izuku!" Midoriya slowly opened his eyes and looked at his mom. She was looking at him, panicked, and Midoriya began to worry.

"M-Mom? What's wrong...?" He felt his voice was weak but he tried his best not to show it. He was in his room? When had he gone to bed? Did he dream what happened yesterday? And what exactly happened yesterday?!

"Izuku, I think you have a fever...You're burning up!" Midoriya quirked an eyebrow and felt his forehead. Only then did he feel how wet his t-shirt was, and as soon as he touched his forehead his hand became wet too, his body coated with sweat and feeling uncomfortably hot.

"Oh, sorry...?" Midoriya apologized, not sure how to react. He didn't get sick often, as a matter of fact the last time he got sick was 3 years ago, so he didn't know how to react. All he knew was that his mom was always panicked when that happened, and he hated it. What he hated more though, was that he still didn't understand what happened.

"I'll go get a towel..." Inko mumbled worriedly and hurried out of his room. He slowly reached for his phone and looked at the time.

"I overslept? What happened to my alarm?" He mumbled to himself, turning on his phone and checking his alarms. To his greatest surprise, all his alarms had been turned off.

"Huh?" Midoriya thought aloud. I don't remember doing that...Why would I do- Midoriya hissed as he felt his head begin to ache and put his phone down, trying to relax to ease the pain.

What did they do to me? They tested my body right? Something like that...I can't remember. Midoriya closed his eyes and concentrated. He remembered being taken through a portal. Seems like he fell unconscious after that, but why? Why would he fall unconscious? What happened there? And what was the exact reason he was walking into the portal anyways? Body preparations for his future quirk? Most likely, but Midoriya couldn't remember.

"Izuku, I got the towel." Inko announced, hurrying towards Midoriya worriedly. She put the towel onto Midoriya's forehead, and Midoriya smiled as much as he could, but it still turned out be weak as he let out a tired yawn.

"You're skipping school today, I'll go call them." Midoriya didn't have time to answer as Inko rushed out of the room, closing the door behind him in a hurry.

Midoriya lay in silence, thinking about how strange it was that he only remembered walking into the portal with Shigaraki. Although, nothing came to mind, and he let his tired mind and body go back to sleep.

***

Midoriya got better in 2 days. That surprised Inko, and she clearly was concerned when Midoriya started to change into his uniform.