Chapter 16

Midoriya shivered as he let out a small groan, before starting to cough as he realized just how dry his throat was. He hissed tiredly as he tried to sit up, but to no avail, and he continued to breath deeply as he tried to regain his energy. Where...Am I? Midoriya thought as he slowly opened his eyes. Once he did, he couldn't believe the sight in front of him, and he felt like closing his eyes again as he let out an exhausted groan.

"Sorry about that, Izuku. I just didn't exactly know what to do with them, and I happened to have knives with me, so...!" Toga giggled as she crouched beside the dead body of a hero, the one whom he remembered being outside the hospital room where he and Doctor were...

That's right: Doctor had to inject a sedative into him, so that it wouldn't look suspicious that he was uninjured or even awake. Midoriya shook his head, his mind slowly starting to clear as he finally began to understand what was happening.

"Toga, why are you here? Did the battle start?!" Midoriya rasped out as he finally managed to sit up, regaining his energy quicker because of his quirk. Toga let out another giggle as she sucked the blood out of the hero whom Midoriya finally remembered as Mr. Brave, his mind clearing up from the sedative.

"Yeah, it did. Shiggy's going wild, and Dabi's putting on a little show, but I was assigned on helping you. Funny thing; Shiggy was the one who figured out something was wrong with you. Poor guy was tense ever since you left, almost like he had a gut feeling, and he did! He's so cool when he wants to-"

"Toga, please. I'll thank the two of you later, but now, we have to go help them out! Did you even see just how many heroes there are in the hospital alone?" Midoriya pleaded as he stood up, Toga grabbing him harshly by his hand as she helped him, before pouting angrily at him at the interruption.

"Yeah, yeah, you better thank us. Now c'mon," Toga jumped onto Midoriya, shifting around so that she could be on his back. Midoriya simply let out an annoyed sigh as the maniac giggled and wrapped her legs and arms around him, biting at his ear as she giggled.

"Alright, to the hospital?"

"Yeah! Let's go, speedy!" Toga cheered as swung her foot, kicking him in the stomach pretty harshly. Midoriya cursed under his breath but crouched down, ready to sprint, and jumped, using all the energy he had to keep going and absorb the energy around him. Right now, despite Izuku panicking in the back of his mind, he grinned widely as he searched for any of the heroes whom he might recognize.

After all, he had a very good plan in mind, and he really wanted to see their faces when they meet again...

***

Bakugo grit his teeth as he dodged another villain's attack. There were over a thousand...No, at the very least, hundred thousand of villains all attacking them, and all that villains that Bakugo has had to avoid had powerful quirks and were skillfully using them against him and the other heroes, some of which were already pretty beat up despite not facing the Nomu's. Not only that, but he, along with the few hero course students of 3A and B, and Todoroki who came to help cover Bakugo's back.

A roar sounded and loud, heavy footsteps made their way towards the hero course students. All the students quickly glanced at where the sound was coming from, and as if on command, jumped upwards or to the side, using their quirks to help as the Nomu came crashing through, knocking down some of the heroes and villains on his way. Bakugo hissed in pain as he dodged another attack, although a small burn formed on his side, his clothes rubbing painfully against the wound, along with many other wounds scattered across his body. Shit...If this keeps up, we're definitely going to go down before we get rid of them all...No good!

Suddenly, Bakugo swirled around, feeling something spark behind him, and just as he turned to face the villain behind him, who was aiming his hand directly at him with electricity sparking in his hand, a green flash passed through his vision before him, and he blinked confused, at the now empty space before him, the villain now gone. Finally his eyes widened as he realized what the flash of green meant.

"Deku!" Bakugo snapped as he swirled around, searching for his classmate. A few short screams sounded, and Bakugo turned around every time he heard one. The villains all visibly tensed, and the heroes and students frowned slightly at villain continued to disappear, slowly but gradually, in front of them. Suddenly, the villain previously getting ready to attack Bakugo fell to the ground, on his knees, before falling in front of him face-first. Bakugo's head shot up as he looked at the greenette in front of him.

"Hey, Deku, the hell are you doing here?" He snapped as he glared at the proud-looking greenette.

"I was planning on helping you out. I really would appreciate a few words of gratitude, but it would be better if you two cover my back as well." Midoriya stated as he glanced at Todoroki, who panted as he stared at Midoriya with wide eyes. Bakugo let out an annoyed 'tch' and turned around, punching the villain that was previously behind him before sending an explosion at his now slightly doubled over figure, making him fly upwards a few meters.

"Then you better get moving, idiot!" Bakugo snarled as he turned around, furiously letting out explosions at the villains and dodging. Right now, he had to deal with the villains, and his problem with Deku could wait until a slightly later time...

Midoriya, meanwhile, despite hitting and rending his comrades useless one by one, couldn't feel any guilt; after all, if he couldn't suck out the energy of his real enemy without being noticed, he could use a few out of the hundred thousand of his comrades to help him out for their cause. And besides, they weren't really his comrades either...He still hasn't forgotten what the bastards did to his comrades. Kyōfu was loyal, but his grudges against those who've hurt him or his real comrades didn't fade, although, he may forgive them after hitting a couple hundred of them. Anyways, not the point.

"Midoriya?!" Midoriya heard a familiar voice call out in shock, and quickly glanced towards Mirio, who was looking at him in shock, his smile wavering as he unbelievingly watched the greenette suck the energy out of another one of the soldiers.

"Hey, Togata! Sorry for worrying you, but it's fine now! I got out with the heroes, they sent me here!" He quickly snapped as he continued to suck out the energy and punch the soldiers, hissing as he felt something stab his back and swirling around, angrily flew towards the man who stabbed him, ignoring the crack that followed his punch. Mirio narrowed bai eyes slightly, but then smiled brightly, determination radiating off him as he began to fall downwards, preparing to pass through the ground.

"Great to have you back, Deku!" Was all Mirio said before disappearing into the ground, letting them continue to try and take down the villains. But what happened next was something neither sides had expected...At least not the heroes and Midoriya.

All soldiers began to vomit gray goo, which wrapped around them, and once it was gone, they were gone as well. Midoriya couldn't help but feel nauseous as he watched the soldiers double over, pained and shocked expressions on their faces that in a matter of seconds were gone behind the goo. Although, Midoriya recognized the goo; it was a quirk. A warping quirk...That meant they were being sent away. But why? Did Tomura have a plan of some sort, or were the forces weakening too quickly?

Midoriya cursed under his breath as he aimed a punch at the soldier beside him, but he quickly disappeared, leaving Midoriya's hand covered in goo. And a few minutes later...All soldiers were gone. The heroes stood, shellshocked, as they stared at the space in front of them and glanced at each other in shock and tiredness. One second, the battlefield was filled with screams and the cracks of bones and hope...

And the other, it was deadly silent.